Quantcast

Mung Day GMT

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
How did you contact them? I need to do that ASAP!
⬇⬇⬇ This.
ridefox.com used to allow for scheduling a service.
Filled out a service request form on the website, sent photos of the shock and my proof of purchase, and checked the box that said something about “evaluate for warranty” or similar.

Apparently there was something up with the 2022 Float X2 shocks, you can find chatter of it on Pinkbike without too much trouble. My understanding is that the issue was primarily with the trunion mount shocks, but the rumour was that Fox would update the intervals of most/all 2022 X2s that were sent in for service. My particular shock came on a new old stock bike I bought last fall, so it was inside of the warranty period. I honestly thought they’d just update the internals, do a service/rebuild, and send it back to me. Heck, I thought they might even charge me for the service since the shock hadn’t exploded or failed catastrophically or anything. Brand new shock was an unexpected surprise.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How did you contact them? I need to do that ASAP!
I sent an email outlining the issue to their contact, on the website (Canadian one, obviously).

US SERVICE
WEST
38 Isidor Court Suite 120
Sparks, NV 89441
p 800.369.7469

serviceNV@ridefox.com

I sent in my Performance X2 and got a brand new 2024 Factory X2 in the mail a week or two later. Not a bad upgrade for $30, which is what it cost to ship it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Prop 13 my man prop 13. It limits increases in property tax rate and its based on original purchase price regardless of how much the house increases in value since purchased

My house is now worth 1,4 million in todays market, my taxes are based on my original purchase price of 530,000
CO voters weren't SMRT enough to approve the proposition to help with that issue last year. Mine went up ~50%, thanks Colorado!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Exactly why do you regard it as dumb? I have seen a lot of working class folks get taxed out of their dwellings.
creates incentive for old people to hoard giant houses. meanwhile they continue to be NIMBYs so the housing crisis worsens yet and all they do is wring their hands and fuck all else.

we'd be better served by California upzoning, building a bunch around transit, changing road configuration to safely allow for non-car users, and old people moving to elevator-accessible condos around said new transit corridors. then young people might not be totally priced out if just entering the market now.

(and how to fund a lot of this is to stop artificial caps on property tax. we don't cap property value, after all...)

creates incentive for old people to hoard giant houses. meanwhile they continue to be NIMBYs so the housing crisis worsens yet and all they do is wring their hands and fuck all else.

we'd be better served by California upzoning, building a bunch around transit, changing road configuration to safely allow for non-car users, and old people moving to elevator-accessible condos around said new transit corridors. then young people might not be totally priced out if just entering the market now.

(and how to fund a lot of this is to stop artificial caps on property tax. we don't cap property value, after all...)
We'd be better served by 1) Tax the rich 2) Tax the breeders. One child, taxes reduced. Two, raise taxes back. Same for any more.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We'd be better served by 1) Tax the rich 2) Tax the breeders. One child, taxes reduced. Two, raise taxes back. Same for any more.
That's the thing - the California property tax shit simply amounts to a massive tax-break for rich people. There are much better ways to protect people from being taxed out of their houses.

And you'll get no argument from me on the breeder-tax. Except I'd say no reduction at all - there should be no incentive to have children, IMO. Although then we run into problems in the long run like Japan is starting to face...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
just so you guys know state law requires cities to build high density housing near transit centers with 20% set aside for low income housing.

Mc Mansion my ass. I have a one story 1700 sq ft home with 3 bedrooms and two baths on a 10,000 sq ft lot that was built in 1977.
home.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If lot minimums anywhere near that size and SFH only zoning are in your area then yeah, you and your area are part of the problem

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Toshi I live in a town of 90K surrounded by Ag lands in a valley with steep hills outside of that. With the two adjacent towns there are under 200K and that maxes the water supply
that's fair. but California similarly shouldn't be providing all that water to pistachio farmers if it restricts human development. priorities should be put in order.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
just so you guys know state law requires cities to build high density housing near transit centers with 20% set aside for low income housing.

Mc Mansion my ass. I have a one story 1700 sq ft home with 3 bedrooms and two baths on a 10,000 sq ft lot that was built in 1977.
View attachment 211119
I don't think anyone said anything about McMansions. Having your taxes fixed at a valuation of $500K when it's worth $1.4 mil is asinine.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
that's fair. but California similarly shouldn't be providing all that water to pistachio farmers if it restricts human development. priorities should be put in order.

Right? Especially since pistachios and almonds really aren't that great.

Now, if they were cashew farmers I might be more supportive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
But they *can* be great.

:drool:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
But they *can* be great.

:drool:
I stand by what I said. They are a solid MEH as a standalone, bordering on not worth it once you factor in resources required to commercially produce.

Property taxes in Colorado are criminally low. Our 2K sq ft house is only $3500/yr.
My CO property tax, even adjusted upwards 50%, would have been almost equivalent to a quarterly payment in MA. :(

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Now, if they were cashew farmers I might be more supportive.
A farmer here in Yakima trademarked the name halo for their donut peach marketing program. That cali family wanted to use the halo brand and so that Yakima farmer accepts fat royalty checks monthly from them. Probably made way more off that trademark than if they tried to sell their donut peaches.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
A farmer here in Yakima trademarked the name halo for their donut peach marketing program. That cali family wanted to use the halo brand and so that Yakima farmer accepts fat royalty checks monthly from them. Probably made way more off that trademark than if they tried to sell their donut peaches.
I heard that guy was a real angel.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's the dream. Trademark some trivial phrase and let someone pay you gobs to use it.