Quantcast

MX shorts/pants

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Okay I want some good riding shorts. Preferably MX style (FMX shorts). Does anyone have experience with actually modifying normal MX pants into shorts? Is it possible?

What good shorts are out there? Looking for something like the Fox 360 short but in size 40. Considering some of the Fox zip-off pants too, but their normal MX pants look so much cooler and have a bigger selection.

Thanks!

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
No fear actually makes a great mx riding pant/short. You can buy them as a pant/short combo, where the pant legs zipp off. I was given a pair that actually didn't unzipp, but the leg of the pants have these huge venting systems. I just cut out the zenting system, which effectively turned the pant into perfectly sized shorts and the best part is that you can't tell they were cut because the venting system connected underneath the shorts part. I hope that made some sense.

Click:
[http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23498&page=203&pp=15

for pics I'm the dork in the blue and white gear, there's a riding shot and a podium shot.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
if you can sew or can find someone who can....why not. You can find closeout MX pants for cheap! I run MX pants....the shorts leg armour combo, though cooler, always seems to cause trouble with movement during a crash.