Quantcast

my 07 ride just showed up....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
for 07 I will be rocking the new Turner RFX. So stoked!! Hope everythign in the build goes good so i can be out next week racing the Mt hood Super D.

Frame on scale:

more to come.......

Thanks David, Jaratt and crew at Turner.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Wow. I have a Raleigh Phase 2 frame I'm selling that looks just like that! :)

Oly, check out the new Covert on the BBTC pics page. Climbs like a monkey on crack and goes down smooth, Linda Lovelace style...

Since, we didn't hit the slopes this winter, you need to come check out some local goods.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Wow. I have a Raleigh Phase 2 frame I'm selling that looks just like that! :)

Oly, check out the new Covert on the BBTC pics page. Climbs like a monkey on crack and goes down smooth, Linda Lovelace style...

Since, we didn't hit the slopes this winter, you need to come check out some local goods.
haha, is that a burn? :monkey:

Is the Covert your ride? Sweet. Looks similar to the Highline in suspension. Honestly, If i wasnt on Turner, Transition would be on the list.

For sure. You also need to come visit Cap! Hope you plan on attnding the Super D races.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Burn? Only if you want to take it that way.

Yep, that's mine.

No racing for me this year. I'm all about the fun runs and brews this summer.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Not in a monitary way, but the 3 weeks earlier delivery is worth its weight in gold.....
Yeah I guess they wouldn't have much to discount if its a sponsored ride.

I could not wait for the RFX and the 07 sizing change put me off a bit.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Yeah I guess they wouldn't have much to discount if its a sponsored ride.

I could not wait for the RFX and the 07 sizing change put me off a bit.

yea, thats true too. ... :)

I was comparing 5 spot to RFX and the new GEO change to the RFX makes it more like the bike I've been riding.

heres a pic i just found of my 5-spot the day i got it... Complete build of the RFX should be lighter than my spot was....

dirtbagrich

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
Auburn, Washington
That Romic has got to go. I have a Dirtbag, and I've blown my Romic twice now. The first time it took them 6 months to rebuild it and get it back to me, the second time it went in the trash.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Maybe look for an 06 large? Im sure theres alot of them going for sale now...

What other bikes you considering?
I am trying not to rule anything out.
I demo'ed a Kona Coilair but the combination of short top-tube (and this was the 19" XL - classic Kona), high bottom bracket and zero stand-over has me still looking.

If I could find another large Enduro I would buy it. Center Cycle said they would make me a littel better deal than the last one but I am going to replace everything but the frame. I learned that this makes the frame REALLY expensive.
He is looking to see if there is a way Spec would do a frame only. They list it on the site but he said he doesn't see it offered in the dealer section of the site.

I keep saying I am not going so bling this time but I have looked at a Ventana, and I am sure a Foes would be sweet. I would consider an IH 6. but still have a bad taste in my mouth from the MKIII.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Trailhacker, I'd be willing to let you take a spin on my medium Covert if that's in the range that you are looking for. I put a Flick Plus up front so it sits up a little more but that's great for going down!

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
I am trying not to rule anything out.
I demo'ed a Kona Coilair but the combination of short top-tube (and this was the 19" XL - classic Kona), high bottom bracket and zero stand-over has me still looking.

If I could find another large Enduro I would buy it. Center Cycle said they would make me a littel better deal than the last one but I am going to replace everything but the frame. I learned that this makes the frame REALLY expensive.
He is looking to see if there is a way Spec would do a frame only. They list it on the site but he said he doesn't see it offered in the dealer section of the site.

I keep saying I am not going so bling this time but I have looked at a Ventana, and I am sure a Foes would be sweet. I would consider an IH 6. but still have a bad taste in my mouth from the MKIII.
Kev,the changes I see is that the seat tube angle is 1/2 degree steeper for 07',I think that acounts for top tube lentgh difference.Maybe a tenth or two in chain stay and BB numbers.I would say that DT was attempting to move riders a little more over the front of the bike to make it a little more trail bike than freeride along with going lighter.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
god i love turners....enjoy it man, i love mine!

you still rockin a DHR too? my buddy adam bought your old one, what you on now?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
Trailhacker, I'd be willing to let you take a spin on my medium Covert if that's in the range that you are looking for. I put a Flick Plus up front so it sits up a little more but that's great for going down!
I appreciate the offer but I am convinced that anything less than a large is not going to make me happy.

I might have a different option on a Spec Enduro but it still involves buying a complete bike. On this one I might not have to replace as many part though.
I had hoped to keep it a little cheaper than the last build but after tallying up all the parts I planned to buy to build the new bike it might make sence to buy the complete bike and only replace a handful of parts.
It will be a good price but it will not be cheap though?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
Kev,the changes I see is that the seat tube angle is 1/2 degree steeper for 07',I think that acounts for top tube lentgh difference.Maybe a tenth or two in chain stay and BB numbers.I would say that DT was attempting to move riders a little more over the front of the bike to make it a little more trail bike than freeride along with going lighter.
I'll give them a call and get them to clarify the numbers for me.
I liked my 6 pack but it was just a lttle too small. The large Enduro was just about right.
Maybe before I buy anything I should head down Oly's way and give it a trial run just to see how it feels...