Quantcast

My 2010 Build

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
I am keeping my giant glory frame but i did some upgrades, i got new hoops 721's new E13 chainguide finaly after running my 2nd gen to death, new Fox 40, and tires. I am not sure of the weight right now but its prob still around 42.3lbs when i had my BoxxerWC and old heavy chainguide on there.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
i didnt go w/ the lg1 cuz well they scare me and i dont wanna bust my frame rather just my cranks.. I know plenty of people work fine w/ them but just gives me a lil piece of mind. yeah the HA thing its awful thats why i XC race it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
i didnt go w/ the lg1 cuz well they scare me and i dont wanna bust my frame rather just my cranks.. I know plenty of people work fine w/ them but just gives me a lil piece of mind. yeah the HA thing its awful thats why i XC race it.
Your not alone, I feel the same way. Personally I still dig the look of the bashguard anyways as well.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
yeah the build list as follows is
08 Glory Frame medium
cane creek sealed h-set
sunline bar/stem
Hayes mag brakes
x9 shifter-rear der
odi yeti lock on grips
2010 Fox 40
DHX 5.0
Truvativ Hozifeller Cranks w/ bb
E-13 chainguide w/ 38tooth
Durace chain
XT cassette
Hope pro 2 hubs front/rear
mavic 721 hoops
maxxis minnion front 2x
thompson seatpost
random bontrager seat from shop.

Ill have to weigh it soon but im gonna guess high 42's w/ the new fork and heavier seat, my old seat litterly cut my thighs to death last race cuz the pads ripped out. It was an old fuji road seat.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yeah the build list as follows is
08 Glory Frame medium
cane creek sealed h-set
sunline bar/stem
Hayes mag brakes
x9 shifter-rear der
odi yeti lock on grips
2010 Fox 40
DHX 5.0
Truvativ Hozifeller Cranks w/ bb
E-13 chainguide w/ 38tooth
Durace chain
XT cassette
Hope pro 2 hubs front/rear
mavic 721 hoops
maxxis minnion front 2x
thompson seatpost
random bontrager seat from shop.

Ill have to weigh it soon but im gonna guess high 42's w/ the new fork and heavier seat, my old seat litterly cut my thighs to death last race cuz the pads ripped out. It was an old fuji road seat.
thats a solid east coast build tho. :thumb:

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
yeah i wanna do a ti spring for the rear, and yeah not the lightest thing but it is durable as hell never have to worry bot it one bit. only reason i got new wheels is cuz they were 2years old and cracked from diablo's rocks/low pressure.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Nice build bro... I just had my wheels built for my Blindside went with the same 721 laced to Hope Pro II that is one of the best wheels combos in my opinion.. Good luck Oh to your question yes the sticky is break in cause my new Boxxer WC was doing it and my buddy has a fox 40 and he said his did the same at first I havent ridden a 40 off hand but my Boxxer does the same..

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
also.. does anyone elses 40's feel sticky at first? i assume it just has to break in?
well i changed from the 40 to a boxxer team 08, because after the 40 got broken in, it felt dead and unresponsive...
i like the boxxer better, but as i am no suspension guru, it's maybe just because i'm too dumb to set up teh 40...