Quantcast

My Army upgraded

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I have upgraded my Army a little, so I thought it became picture time :) :) :)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

Specs:

Army frame w. custom steel links
Avy DHS shock
CK headset
Planet X stem
Prison bar
Hayes 8"
Seismic 6" Hubs
Monster 2003
Michelin 2.8
FSA Steel cranks and gusset chainring
XT rear mech
USE DH seatpost
Azonic pedals
Azonic super sofa lounge seat
:) :D
321 Mavic rims

I guess that is it:devil: :)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I don't care if they are better or not....

The Seismic hubs look cool. :thumb:

I have no idea if the pro's/cons work out inthe favor but the looks are #1 in my book. But I dig the non-traditional hub design because it is different. :)

A little moto ;)

that is a BIG bike.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
sick bike you got there:thumb:

thats one solid build. love the colour, just out of curiosity how much does yours weigh? i cant seem to get mine away from the 50lbs area, mind you i'm not really trying, not that its bothers me anyway.

does the spoke pattern looks funny because of the siesmic hubs? or is it a 2cross pattern? or is it just the way the lights catching it?

**in an aussy accent**
:devil: she's a beauty:devil:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by steve45
sick bike you got there:thumb:

thats one solid build. love the colour, just out of curiosity how much does yours weigh? i cant seem to get mine away from the 50lbs area, mind you i'm not really trying, not that its bothers me anyway.

does the spoke pattern looks funny because of the siesmic hubs? or is it a 2cross pattern? or is it just the way the lights catching it?

**in an aussy accent**
:devil: she's a beauty:devil:
Really, mine is at 43lbs:D

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
sorry to get slightly off track here, but i have a really quick question.
seatpost size for an army??? something inside my head is saying 27.2 but i really dont know for sure.
dont have the bike at hand so cant measure it myself.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
sorry to get slightly off track here, but i have a really quick question.
seatpost size for an army??? something inside my head is saying 27.2 but i really dont know for sure.
dont have the bike at hand so cant measure it myself.
Yep, 27.2

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
I don't care if they are better or not....

The Seismic hubs look cool. :thumb:

I have no idea if the pro's/cons work out inthe favor but the looks are #1 in my book. But I dig the non-traditional hub design because it is different. :)

A little moto ;)

that is a BIG bike.
anybody got some more info on those? like weights, pros/cons, quality..etcetc...

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Originally posted by kidwoo
It's true. I am a love. And I tank bikes.

ahahahaha, i was just about to......

AHAHAHAHAH

sounds like a IQ test

if all Loves are Poopters, and all Poopters tank bikes, then the following is true;

A. All Poopters talk Loves
B. All Loves tank Poopters
C. All Loves tank bikes
D. All Tanks love Poopters

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
HEY!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :p
Let's face it, just like you, the bike is ugly. No way around it. :D

Nah, you saw my comments under a different name on Pinkbike.

Seismic, that bike must plough... everything. I mean you could ride over a house, and you wouldn't feel it. Are you liking the hubs BTW?

Steve, got pics of your Apocalypse?

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Steve, got pics of your Apocalypse?
yeah, here you go.

that pic dosnt do it justice, crappy lighting, crappy camera.
doesnt have stratos S8's anymore, bent them in a crash.
now i'm running risse champs with big daddy upgrade, so far they've been excellent. bars are ea70's and the seat will be replaced very soon also.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
yeah, here you go.

that pic dosnt do it justice, crappy lighting, crappy camera.
doesnt have stratos S8's anymore, bent them in a crash.
now i'm running risse champs with big daddy upgrade, so far they've been excellent. bars are ea70's and the seat will be replaced very soon also.
You bent them? How the hell did you do that (how high)?

I can remember when you were waiting for the frame (on MBUK or Pinkbike).
Why did you remove the air shock BTW? So it's what 12" rear and 10" front? Sounds intense.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
you'll get a better idea of the current build here.
no front brake i was waiting for a brake mount for the forks, different bars they are my old darkangel bars, and the air shock is out again as it was leaking

Attachments

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Hey Brian

I think your bike rocks ! Actually I have been thinking about getting an 888 because the Monster is, I admit, quite heavy. On the other hand I like the indestructebel feeling of the MOnster.

Well, about the hubs, - I like them...looks cool (I think:devil: ), but if they are an advantage or not I do not know...but they are different:) :) :)

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
bent the s8's by crashing into a tree, totally overshot the landing of a large jump, hit its far too fast, landing about 10ft past the bottom of the landing ramp, just put me a bit out of control.
just one of these stupid over confident moments, i learned my lesson.

yeah i reckon it works just as well, if not better.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
bent the s8's by crashing into a tree, totally overshot the landing of a large jump, hit its far too fast, landing about 10ft past the bottom of the landing ramp.
just one of these stupid over confident moments, i learned my lesson.

yeah i reckon it works just as well, if not better.
Pfft, if you hit it with too much speed it shows the quite the oppisite, cause you thought you would need more speed cause you couldn't clear it at a lower speed :P

Jumping on an Apocalypse? That in itself is an achievement!

Seismic did have a website, but now it's gone. Damn.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i was clearing it fine, i just thought more speed more air, never even gave it any thought, just went tanking up to it, then as i left the lip i just hit me that i had to much speed, time to brace for impact.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
i was clearing it fine, i just thought more speed more air, never even gave it any thought, just went tanking up to it, then as i left the lip i just hit me that i had to much speed, time to brace for impact.
I take it you jumped off?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by seismic
Hey Brian

I think your bike rocks ! Actually I have been thinking about getting an 888 because the Monster is, I admit, quite heavy. On the other hand I like the indestructebel feeling of the MOnster.

Well, about the hubs, - I like them...looks cool (I think:devil: ), but if they are an advantage or not I do not know...but they are different:) :) :)
So far I really like the 888, really lightened up the front end compaired to the S8 I had on my Disco. Just installed the Risse low rise crown which in the street test actually feels a little better than the stock crown.(I'd never thought I'd admit that) I will know for sure how I like it next weekend when I go riding.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by seismic

Thats kinda what I like about the Hope Big Un's, they are different. However I do have a set of CK hubs I'm waiting to build up next week:p