Quantcast

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
blackened rice?

I was going to black the WHOLE thing out but when all said and done its just not worth MY money. I've been there and spent tons of money on my older truck and it got me no where. So unless you wanna buy me black handles ill be glad to put them on :)

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
There is WAY too much Jersey going on in this thread. Aren't you guys supposed to be doing a little GTSC.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
the large size kill switch must have a super long reach and a short stack, everyone i see looks like the bars are so low considering the reach, i would perhaps get the measurments from your two bikes in this area to compare.

long and low

similar to this real classic modern, mid-century or contemporary piece, that would look good in my living room with me and frank on it
You 2 timing bastard im telling fred..... he's gonna kick franks bra wearing butt......oh btw yeah the couch is really red..... wow.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Did Obama sell Jersey to Mexico to fund crisis reforms? Because reading this thread makes me conviced that somehow cockfighting has become a legitimate pastime. Chill out.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Oh sorry that's right you don't race categories down in diablow.

You said that you liked racing in the slower classes so you can win instead of stepping up racing with the big boys and getting faster. So Cat 2 should work great for ya.
I would like you to find that quote, since its news to me, So you know, i race CAT 1 I have since i was 15 (usacycling for the citation) Do you race pro, or even E-race pro? Lets see you results, step out from behind your monitor. Ill be at all the GE races in CAT 1 and diablo as well. I have plenty of results in CAT 1, including US Open.

PS, US Open doesnt have a cat 2 or cat 3 class :thumb:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Did Obama sell Jersey to Mexico to fund crisis reforms? Because reading this thread makes me conviced that somehow cockfighting has become a legitimate pastime. Chill out.
haters gonna hate, but thats fine, i can keep making them look like idiots at the track. The way i see it, they are either pissed they cant beat me, or are convinced im sandbagging because i won ONE (1) DH race ever, which is fine, because essentially they are calling me a pro :D

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Oh sorry that's right you don't race categories down in diablow.

You said that you liked racing in the slower classes so you can win instead of stepping up racing with the big boys and getting faster. So Cat 2 should work great for ya.
we dont? im pretty sure we have PRO,AM,INTRO... does that pretty much cover it? i won the am jr series last year, and i sure as hell plan on racing the class again, not because im sandbagging but because im obviously not a pro. is it my fault everyone else in my category isint doing what im doing? obviously your just jealous of demo9 and your being an e-douche, but really? you must have lost to him before... :rofl::rofl::rofl: oh BTW im from jersey, snooki is my mother, beacon is my favorite food, and i am a sand bagger. nuf sed?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
travis I think you should race AM senior this year, Its a bit harder then JR's but I think you will do good in that class as well. what do you think?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
travis I think you should race AM senior this year, Its a bit harder then JR's but I think you will do good in that class as well. what do you think?
i asked about it before, but i cant because im 16 (well 17 in the middle of next season) SR is for over 18.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i asked about it before, but i cant because im 16 (well 17 in the middle of next season) SR is for over 18.
dont think it really matters does it? logan (neko's brother) is what?? 15? and he races pro there so I dont see why you cant race AM senior. Same course as everyone else just has more riders in the class which is more competition for yourself.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
dont think it really matters does it? logan (neko's brother) is what?? 15? and he races pro there so I dont see why you cant race AM senior. Same course as everyone else just has more riders in the class which is more competition for yourself.
AM sr is just a different age group, not skill level... unless they are better then i guess you can look at it that way. but its intended to be a older group, not more skill... if that makes sense lol... i do agree with you though, i also thought about racing pro, just for the hell of it (i also plan on doing the GES this year) obviously w/ out the intentions of winning.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I would like you to find that quote, since its news to me, So you know, i race CAT 1 I have since i was 15 (usacycling for the citation) Do you race pro, or even E-race pro? Lets see you results, step out from behind your monitor. Ill be at all the GE races in CAT 1 and diablo as well. I have plenty of results in CAT 1, including US Open.

PS, US Open doesnt have a cat 2 or cat 3 class :thumb:
you don't have cat 1 results from the US Open, because there is no cat 1 at the US Open.

also, found the quote...

Diablo freeride park, not enough classes, nobody shows up. Great racin' though. Spent a year in Jrs. now in senior. They need a "semi pro" class. I either get murdered in pro (lost all 10 comparing times) or race AM (sport/expert)and do well. Its not so hard to place, only about 3-4 people made it to every race. i missed a race and still got the overall. I didnt even win a single DH (fun fact, the ONLY dh race i won is uso) I do well in slalom though. Its fun racing, great prizes. Racing 100% pays off. with a season pass you can enter both races for 65 (pro is another 10)If you make podium at all, you get great prizes, even 3rd is good. the tracks are love or hate, personally i love them, but its also the place i ride at all the time, so that cant hurt.
US open /diablo doesn't have cat 1 either.... con't below...

we dont? im pretty sure we have PRO,AM,INTRO... does that pretty much cover it? i won the am jr series last year, and i sure as hell plan on racing the class again, not because im sandbagging but because im obviously not a pro. is it my fault everyone else in my category isint doing what im doing? obviously your just jealous of demo9 and your being an e-douche, but really? you must have lost to him before... :rofl::rofl::rofl: oh BTW im from jersey, snooki is my mother, beacon is my favorite food, and i am a sand bagger. nuf sed?
the point is, diablo classes != USAC classes. There are no rules regarding classes, and there is no enforcement (as there are no category rules to enforce). With USAC, they do take certain measures to prevent sandbagging. Depending on your category, if you have a certain number of top 5/top 3 results, you are required to move up a category; if you choose not to your license can be suspended (which means you can't race).

correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is that diablo's pro class is an open class, meaning there are no age restrictions (kinda similar to USAC's pro category, except you need to be 19 to get a USAC pro license, otherwise its jr x. Note: there are exceptions to this). and since they are not associated with any governing body, you do not need a pro license to enter it.

Shrek, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that for some people it's not about being competitive and getting better, but about winning prizes.

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Shrek, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that for some people it's not about being competitive and getting better, but about winning prizes.
im not completely sure if you are referring to Justin, me or both of us. but we ARE NOT pro material, we dont say we are pro, we do not get pro times, we do not race pro. (if i were to race pro, i would come one to a internet forum complaining how GR and Jason should retire because its not fair that they are sandbagging). but honestly, we are not pro, and we are racing in the only class before pro, its not like we are racing intro and winning by 3 minutes. i am nearly 100% positive that if we were to move up to pro, the only way we would even be competitive is by default if there was some other race being held that weekend. AGAIN we are racing the diablo equivalent to CAT1, if you dont like it race intro. you aren't paying for a license, invest the extra cash in some training.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
im not completely sure if you are referring to Justin, me or both of us. but we ARE NOT pro material, we dont say we are pro, we do not get pro times, we do not race pro. (if i were to race pro, i would come one to a internet forum complaining how GR and Jason should retire because its not fair that they are sandbagging). but honestly, we are not pro, and we are racing in the only class before pro, its not like we are racing intro and winning by 3 minutes. i am nearly 100% positive that if we were to move up to pro, the only way we would even be competitive is by default if there was some other race being held that weekend. AGAIN we are racing the diablo equivalent to CAT1, if you dont like it race intro. you aren't paying for a license, invest the extra cash in some training.
there's no sandbagging in pro, because there's no super pro class.

if you're consistently winning am class, maybe you should train harder so you can move up to pro. because its not just a bunch of internet tough guys that are gonna be on your case, eventually the other racers in your class will start to resent you.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
there's no sandbagging in pro, because there's no super pro class.

if you're consistently winning am class, maybe you should train harder so you can move up to pro. because its not just a bunch of internet tough guys that are gonna be on your case, eventually the other racers in your class will start to resent you.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
now, just as a preemptive strike...

this past season i moved up to cat 1 (USAC). Granted, I was never king of cat 2, but i did well enough i had no issues moving up. How did I do in cat 1? DFL (or close to it) every race. Did it suck? Hell yes. Was it frustrating? Absolutely. Instead of whining about it and feeling sorry for myself and dropping back down to cat 2, I channeled all that into a strong desire to get better and train harder. We'll see if it pays off this year. If not, I'll just have to work harder.

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory

this past season i moved up to cat 1 (USAC). Granted, I was never king of cat 2, but i did well enough i had no issues moving up. How did I do in cat 1? DFL (or close to it) every race. Did it suck? Hell yes. Was it frustrating? Absolutely. Instead of whining about it and feeling sorry for myself and dropping back down to cat 2, I channeled all that into a strong desire to get better and train harder. We'll see if it pays off this year. If not, I'll just have to work harder.
QFT

Its not a business "im not good enough for pro, but I PWN Expert......"

not good enough. You're sandbagging, and your commentary reinforces it. "It pays off/pays for my bikes"

Argue until you're blue, reality is not dynamic.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so instead of racing where i belong (remember, i have only won a SINGLE dh race) i should dump all of my money to the local mtns, because some people are angry i won bikes. I DID NOT win am SR. ryan gardener did. Diablo's classes are intro (first year) AM sport-expert (cat 3,2,1) combined, and pro. I fail to see how if i can usually get top 5, that makes me pro material, the answer is train harder? I am not pulling off 15 seconds lifting at the gym. You can hate all you want, but i race to be competitive, not to donate all my money to pay for the lifts to run.

On another note, FOXROX isnt a sandbagger either. He can either get murdered in pro (not that i'd do any better) The age brackets at diablo are under 19 and over 19, no exceptions. Pro is any age. At diablo i am the equivalent of a CAT 1 rider, i am pretty sure, that i couldnt even get a USAC license if i wanted to (and not bcuz diablo isnt USAC, i dont have the results) Somebody already said here, they dont hand out pro licenses like candy.

All i can gather, is that people on the internet are either loosing in 1 of those categories and want all the fast guys out, or seems to think i am a pro (and going by the tags i dont think its that 1) I am not a pro, dont have pro times, in fact aside from "indycross" i dont generally do all that well to begin with. I do well in the sseries, because i attend every race. Just like GE, if you win two, you wont do as well as the guy that gets 8th at every one.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj

now, move to pro and race GR, neko, jason etc.. and see how you feel...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so instead of racing where i belong (remember, i have only won a SINGLE dh race) i should dump all of my money to the local mtns, because some people are angry i won bikes. I DID NOT win am SR. ryan gardener did. Diablo's classes are intro (first year) AM sport-expert (cat 3,2,1) combined, and pro. I fail to see how if i can usually get top 5, that makes me pro material, the answer is train harder? I am not pulling off 15 seconds lifting at the gym. You can hate all you want, but i race to be competitive, not to donate all my money to pay for the lifts to run.

On another note, FOXROX isnt a sandbagger either. He can either get murdered in pro (not that i'd do any better) The age brackets at diablo are under 19 and over 19, no exceptions. Pro is any age. At diablo i am the equivalent of a CAT 1 rider, i am pretty sure, that i couldnt even get a USAC license if i wanted to (and not bcuz diablo isnt USAC, i dont have the results) Somebody already said here, they dont hand out pro licenses like candy.

All i can gather, is that people on the internet are either loosing in 1 of those categories and want all the fast guys out, or seems to think i am a pro (and going by the tags i dont think its that 1) I am not a pro, dont have pro times, in fact aside from "indycross" i dont generally do all that well to begin with. I do well in the sseries, because i attend every race. Just like GE, if you win two, you wont do as well as the guy that gets 8th at every one.

there's a difference between winning a single race, and having overall good performance. a person could win a race because everyone else crashed - which is a total fluke, and it doesn't mean they should move up. If you have consistent podiums, then you're probably ready.

unless you're sitting at the top, there's still room for improvement. and the answer is ALWAYS train harder.

i am pretty sure, that i couldnt even get a USAC license if i wanted to (and not bcuz diablo isnt USAC, i dont have the results)
.... :confused: you said...

I would like you to find that quote, since its news to me, So you know, i race CAT 1 I have since i was 15 (usacycling for the citation)
so which is it? you're cat 1 usac, or you can't get a usac license?

:confused:

but i race to be competitive
no you don't. sitting at the top of am class isn't being competitive. refusing to move up to a more difficult class because you're not gonna podium isn't being competitive. being competitive means being hungry to get better, to be faster, and to go after those who are better than you and faster than you. it means swallowing your pride when you're DFL, and channeling that energy into getting better.