Quantcast

My Christmas Present!!!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
New_Bike.jpg

Transition Bottlerocket!

I rode this exact bike at a demo in OR a few months back and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. I wanted this bike so bad it hurt. Those two trips I took down the mountain that day were the funnest rides I've ever had mountain biking. Now it's mine, er, well, will be by the end of Jan (it's on layaway...)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Sweet new ride luv!

That ManhattenProject guy on here has one to and really digs it. I was thinking about getting one myself, but all my funds have been diverted to a snowboard trip...

Oh well... next year.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Awesome!!!! I just ordered a '07 Transition myself (Covert) and should have it by the end of Jan. as well!!

Have fun with it!!! :thumb:

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
Very nice indeed. We're thinking of picking up a Bottle Rocket frame for Mohshee to replace the Banshee and serve as both her DH and 4\4X bike. She had thought about getting a full on DH race bike but considering we're stuck in Texas for another year something like the Bottle Rocket will get much more use. Plus she didn't seem to have much problem getting down the DH courses on the Chaparal and even though it has 1/2" less travel I thikn the Bottle Rocket willl get her to the bottom even faster.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
I definitely recommend the Bottle rocket as a good all around bike, but make sure you get it with the Marzocchi 66RC2X fork on it, it's fantastic! I wanted a DH bike like my hubby's Yakuza, but rode my friends Yakuza and thought it was way too heavy for me (5'4"), the bottle rocket is just right and it can do everything!

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
I definitely recommend the Bottle rocket as a good all around bike, but make sure you get it with the Marzocchi 66RC2X fork on it, it's fantastic! I wanted a DH bike like my hubby's Yakuza, but rode my friends Yakuza and thought it was way too heavy for me (5'4"), the bottle rocket is just right and it can do everything!
The Zocc is indeed a good fork but we already have a Fox 36RC2 Talas that we'll be using.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
She's a beauty! Now with all this great weather in the Northeast,...go out a Ride!
Yah! Why are we getting all the snow out here in the PNW? We're supposed to get 3-5 ft. in the mountains tonight! That will not allow me to be able to ride my new bike I'm picking up tomorrow...:disgust:

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
Yah! Why are we getting all the snow out here in the PNW? We're supposed to get 3-5 ft. in the mountains tonight! That will not allow me to be able to ride my new bike I'm picking up tomorrow...:disgust:
I guess you can still pet the bike?! If you are really bored, get clear nail polish and paint the bolts. That will keep them pretty,...my bolts have rust in them even though I keep my bike clean.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
:biggrin: Hey, getting there is half the fun. We hit St Eds and Sawyer, and the trails were super tacky because of the FFFFFFfreezing temps.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I was at St. Ed's Sunday walking the dogs, maybe I saw you, there was a few people riding the trails...
Aww unfortunately I was there on Sunday huffing and puffing on the DH rig. Hopefully this weekend is dry so you can get out. Guys love women on hot bikes :brows:

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
"luvs2ridez"
just for buying a Transition BottleRocket i have a Free Transition T-shirt for you, its brown with green letters. let me know if your interested.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
"luvs2ridez"
just for buying a Transition BottleRocket i have a Free Transition T-shirt for you, its brown with green letters. let me know if your interested.
Hell ya! My hubby just ordered an '06 closeout of the dirtbag too! I rode my bottlerocket for the first time this past weekend and OMIGOD, what a dream! It's so smooth!

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
NICE!! the dirtbag is super plush and a really fun bike to ride, ive owned 3 of them, along with a Preston fr a Gran Mal and my new Bottle Rocket. i love them all.