Quantcast

My Evil Imperial review.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by the Inbred
**** that looks good. i really dig how the white Selle saddle looks. i've never used anything other than PX saddles, so i might have to find a white selle and give it a shot.
Gonna be harder to keep that thing clean than a new pair of Pumas...looks SWEET, though.

I really dig the cleaner looks of last year's colors (though the brown is better this year).

MD

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by the Inbred
**** that looks good. i really dig how the white Selle saddle looks. i've never used anything other than PX saddles, so i might have to find a white selle and give it a shot.

i'm actually more comfortable on skinnies than with my previous bike...which was a rigid single speed XC bike (that is now just used for XC).

mind if i pm you with a couple questions?
Just e-mail me at...

jesus@bikehell.com

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Brian: You're a traitor:think: :D

Terry that has to be the best build that is color cordinated as weel as being able to do the job.:thumb: I can really see your road/XC background in that build as it looks like you were very particular about the build in general.Very nice job there and thanks for the pics :thumb:

BTW Terry are you able to get the Michelins in a 2.8 that you have:confused: I'm trying to find a shop that might carry them in a size bigger than a 2.2 in a Comp 32.I'm not having much luck in Vt. at all:(

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Nd4spd
Brian: You're a traitor:think: :D

Terry that has to be the best build that is color cordinated as weel as being able to do the job.:thumb: I can really see your road/XC background in that build as it looks like you were very particular about the build in general.Very nice job there and thanks for the pics :thumb:

BTW Terry are you able to get the Michelins in a 2.8 that you have:confused: I'm trying to find a shop that might carry them in a size bigger than a 2.2 in a Comp 32.I'm not having much luck in Vt. at all:(
Check your pm on the tires.

And thank you, I believe I am very color coordinated also.:D

thevan

Chimp
Jan 5, 2002
seattle/boulder?
have you found that you can run the hookworms tubless with no sealent?
i threw them on my d 3.1's lastweek and they mounted up tubless! i rode them for a couple days at like 50 psi and they lost no pressure! i was running the high roller semislick to save a little wieght but with no tube in the hookwoms they wiegh about the same anyway...and there 2.5 that roll super fast and look real sweet.

Maybe you already new this but just some FYI...

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Wow, your bike inspires me to do great things with my life. It's amazing!

I know, I'm like 3 weeks late into this one.. but I just wanted to add that in.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
uh-oh, somebody let one of the noob's play with the wayback machine....;)

Does he even still have that bike? I thought it made its way to a new owner.....

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Originally posted by DßR
uh-oh, somebody let one of the noob's play with the wayback machine....;)

Does he even still have that bike? I thought it made its way to a new owner.....

You are correct DBR ! That is now my Evil,only difference from that pic is it now has Hope M4's.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
This must be the Lazarus of RM threads!

Anyway, I had to sell it cause I was friggin broke!

But things are looking up, so I will soon have the chance to build up another one. For me it is still the best bike ever built, and I will get another one...soon I hope.

Also, I really want the orange or red color, and seeing that they are not makin those colors on this run, I might wait. Or just get one and get it painted.

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
wow that bike looks awesome i keep seeing all these bikes with only front suspenshon in the dh and freeride forum but that one looks so cool
the frame is crazy and so is the evil name lol

blueimp180

Chimp
May 19, 2004
this is my evil

Fork- manitou sherman firefly 1.5 with camo and 20mm axle with the 90mm lockout
Headset- Fsa Orbit extreme pro 1.5
stem- Raceface diablous 1.5
wheels -Arrows 24" dhx's with hope bulb hubs
tires- nokian 24" gazzis 2.6
seat and seatpost- azonic big drop seat with a salsa seatpost
cranks- profile ss with the titanium bb length 175 chrome
pedals-sun ringle max octanes
bash guard- e thirteen 5 bolt pattern
chainwheel- e thirteen crownwheel 36 tooth
grips- lizard skin odi lock ons
bars-fsa dh 400
brakes - 6 inch rear hfx 9 hydro / 8inch front hfx 9 hydro

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Originally posted by blueimp180
this is my evil
That's wonderful. :rolleyes: Next time, try posting a new thread instead of reviving one that's a year old.

EDIT: In all my infinite wisdom and in an attempt to make a newbie look like, well.... a newbie, I have again bumped this thread back to the top. Oh well.