Quantcast

My Mothers funeral was today....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
After 2K posts I feel you get a right to just vent on the Monkey?? It was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. She was a great lady who faced every obstacle you could imagine. Life wasn't easy for her. But she tried her damnest to give her 3 sons a better life. I feel like f'n Jim Carroll with all the death I have faced in my life. But none of those loses even remotely compares to the lose of your Mother let me tell you. She was only 58. Her death was horrible and painful. 5 days of torture and misery. F'n tough shi#. Cherish your Mother. Give your Mom a hug and tell her you love her every chance you get. You won't regret it.

Jim

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim........I'm so sorry. that is so very sad

I can understand how you feel, & I know how tough it is - my mom died in a car accident when I was 15

Doug

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
wow...

I don't have any comforting words for you man, probably because there aren't any in existence. :(

Stay strong and ride the pain away. That's the only thing that works for me.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
My Gramma died about a week ago, that was/is hard enough to deal with. I cannot even begin to think about how tough that must be.

My deepest condolances and sympathies. :(

bwagner

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm sorry for your loss brother. I lost my mom ten yesrs ago, and to this day it's still hard to visit her resting spot. I miss her on a daily basis, and always will. I'm thankful for all she did for me, and hope to never fail her, or forsake her by any means. I know it hurts buddy, but she doesn't want you to be hurt, shes watching over you now, and forever man. Take it easy, and talk to her as often as you feel like it. Never let anyone tell you any different either, she's your mom, the only one you'll ever get, let her know you love her.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Thanks everyone. I am lucky to have been able to have spent most of my life with my Mom. I should be very thankful for that. Thanks for pointing that out to me everyone. I want to honor her by building a trail. Her second to last words she said to me is "I am sorry you missed your ride". I am so tired but I can't sleep.... Talk about sucking....

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"Talk about sucking...."

Sorry to hear that man. My mom is on her way out, and I'm not sure
she can even make sense of what I'm telling her. I wish I didn't wait
so long to say the words every mother longs to hear.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom, Jim. That's really got to be a tough thing to deal with. I am not looking forward to that day in my life.

All my thoughts and prayers are with you. :(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jim, my deepest condolances. I cannot possibly imagine how difficult that must be, and my thoughts are with you. Remember all the good times, and remember all the times she drove you crazy, too - they're all good memories. Riding can help the pain, too, and can help tire your body enough that you can sleep at night.

Good luck.

I think I will call my own mother tonight :(

- Stephan

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've been very isolated from death my whole life. All of my grandparents were alive till 2 yrs ago when my grandfather one of my best friends passed away. I know how hard that was but I could never imagine losing my mother.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I know that sorry isn't much of a condolence for such a gigantic loss but I hope you the best.

My dad passed away back in 2002 and it never really struck me that someday he would not be around to talk to. It was surreal to be at my family's burial site in the mountians of southern New Mexico digging my dad's grave the day before the funeral.... ahh... :(

I feel for you man.

J

JRB

Yup - it is a sad deal, jdcamb. Mine died in 98 from cancer. She was in hospice care at the apartment with me. Tough gig for sure.

Not to try to out do you, Jim. Just saying I understand. So sorry for your loss, bro. Keep a chin up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jim - so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. I think your idea of building a trail in her memory is a really great idea. Hang in there.

Mark

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My deepest condolences on your loss. Your mom sounds like a great lady. Thank you for reminding me not to take my loved ones for granted.