Quantcast

My name is Splat , and I'm a Bike whore !

splat

Nam I am
Today I pulled the trigger and got my Self a New Road frame .

This has been at my LBS for about a year and a half . it isa Sales Dem0, 2003 Raleigh professional. when He first got it it he wanted like $500 for it , gradually it has come down. But last friday he offered it to me for $200 ( still had a $350 Tag on it ) and then having a real crappy 19 Hour day at work yester day , I did it ! it is a 59 CM , Columbus Zona tubing , Carbon Fork, Integrated Columbus Head set.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sh*t, that is a nice looking frame. Who ever advised you about this is a genius!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice frame. I'd like to get a steel roadie at some point other than my current roadie works just fine right now and probably will for many many years to come.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Nice, splat.

Westy, I have been riding some carbon and aluminum bikes out with a guy trying bikes and I like my IRD Impala steel bike way better.

I suspect that this guy that has been looking will be buying an 07 closeout in 2012, no faster than we are choosing now. I have now spent nearly 8 hours with him and still no choice has been made.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice, splat.

Westy, I have been riding some carbon and aluminum bikes out with a guy trying bikes and I like my IRD Impala steel bike way better.

I suspect that this guy that has been looking will be buying an 07 closeout in 2012, no faster than we are choosing now. I have now spent nearly 8 hours with him and still no choice has been made.

I'm sure a steel bike would be much nicer, especially considering the length of rides I prefer. I just like my current road bike enough that I don't want to spend money on a new one. Actually I have a suspension seatpost on the the roadie now. I wanted to try a saddle that was on the post and was too lazy to change posts, I have also been too lazy to change posts since. I just cranked up the preload so it doesn't really make any difference, I kind of like doing things to garner hard core roadie disgust too.

Ocron

Chimp
Nov 11, 2001
MA
Very nice Splat. I'll be looking for this on Clinton St. when I'm driving into work early. Actually you'll be probably be able to leave later now. :D

splat

Nam I am
Nice frame splat! What are you going to adorn it with? New stuff or old stuff?
I would love to put a Nice new set of campy Carbon Record on it , but lets be real.

So it will be Old stuff, going to Move my campy grupo off of my Trek 2200 on this . any one intrested in a 58 CM trek 2200 frame ?

Damn. I want a road bike. A steel one like that. NICE.
he still has a 56 cm Frame just like that one

Very nice Splat. I'll be looking for this on Clinton St. when I'm driving into work early. Actually you'll be probably be able to leave later now. :D
Have you been seeing me on my Commute ?

How tall are you Splat? 59cm is kind of big?
6 foot , I have been riding a 58 C2C for ever ! this is 59 C2T, and I put mext to my Current ( 58 CM trek 2200 ) and geometry wise they look the same

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
I had a guy that barely spoke English concerned that our bikes are all made overseas. I thought it was quite ironic, since he and his wife spoke a language that sounded much like Russian.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Nice, splat.

Well, I sold my IRD since this came about and am building up a Masi Gran Criterium as we speak. I'll have pics tomorrow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
No. My new career of International Shoe Salesman to the Stars has forced me to give up my rural digs in favor of a more cosmopolitan locale. There I ran into Dummmbikes while eating fish tacos at Taco Del Mar and he told me that Splat sored a cool new frame. I put off the cloven foot beauties and logged on only to discover that the monkey icon has been changed! :shocked: Cool frame though... don't cha think?

splat

Nam I am
This over due. But now the weather in Nice , and I finished putting it all together. took it on friday for a commute to work then yesterday took ourt for a real shakedown a 62 Mile ( 100 KM ) ride. Really felt nice, coming form a CF frame to Steel , it Sounded really different .

Campy and leather goodness! The was the Big hold up . I finally found a Place that had the Catgut thread I needed to relace my Handlebars. I bought the whole roll of the stuff!!!