Quantcast

My New Bike

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Nice!

Im actually shopping around for frames right now... Mind me asking how much does the Demo 8II frame cost?

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
it costs $2200 retail which isnt terrible considering it comes with a zero stack headset, thomson post, and RC4. i got mine for cheaper since i work at a shop though.

and yea, its 135mm 10mm bolt-on or q/r dropouts

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Also watch the front shock mount as well. I just built up the same frame and first ride the front shock bolt got extremely loose after only a few runs. Have you been on it yet? I can certainly say I'm more than pleased with mine.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
it costs $2200 retail which isnt terrible considering it comes with a zero stack headset, thomson post, and RC4. i got mine for cheaper since i work at a shop though.

and yea, its 135mm 10mm bolt-on or q/r dropouts
Considering the deals spec has for shop employes I'm suprised that we don't have more demos floating around. A great bike for the price.

Also is it easton monkey lite bar? It looks like because of the paint but seems wider.

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
what size and how tall are you
i'm 6' tall and its a medium. they are supposed to be 5 cm longer than last year becaue of the seat tube angle. i think its perfect. ive got long legs and the only time i hit my knees on the fork is when i have knee pads on and im climbing (so in other words not an issue).

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Considering the deals spec has for shop employes I'm suprised that we don't have more demos floating around. A great bike for the price.

Also is it easton monkey lite bar? It looks like because of the paint but seems wider.
specialized wasnt doing any emp. purchases on this frame so i had to settle for cost, but that isnt me complaining.

and yea its a 28" monkey lite bar.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Although they do have great EP deals... they only had 2 of each size for the frames in stock and Spec rules are 10 or more in stock to EP. Even at regular wholesale thought I'm mroe than happy with it. I'd be happy at retail as well. I'm coming off a Transition and was planning on waiting for their new rig but when i saw the value of these I was all over it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
specialized wasnt doing any emp. purchases on this frame so i had to settle for cost, but that isnt me complaining.

and yea its a 28" monkey lite bar.
Loved the feel(and crazy durability) of those bars but the angles were seriously crap.

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Loved the feel(and crazy durability) of those bars but the angles were seriously crap.
i do looove the feel of these bars! but ive noticed i might want to go just a wee bit wider. got any suggestions? ive been looking at the spank 777 and the sunline v1 both cut to around 29".

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i do looove the feel of these bars! but ive noticed i might want to go just a wee bit wider. got any suggestions? ive been looking at the spank 777 and the sunline v1 both cut to around 29".
Arent the 777's offered only in higher rises? I went from monkey's to Element Technic Nickel Wide flat bars (yeah, it's a loooooong name). 760mm wide, 9deg backsweep and flat. They feel great with my 07 888rc2x. They also weight quite little at 299g. If you have the cash I'd consider Syntance 750 bars as they should be crazy light (as all their stuff) though I don't know any opinions about their durabilty. My Element already took 6 months of heavy crashing (I do it probably more than riding ;) ) so I'd say it's good ;)

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
i think they are offering the 777s in 5, 15, 30, and 50mm options for 2010. otherwise they are out. and ill look into syntace thanks.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Thats pretty much all I see on the east coast scene. A bunch of dudes with different demos out there.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
as for bars:
i use the RF diabolus with 0.5" rise, and a friens of mine uses the Atlas FR also with 0.5" rise.
i like the angles and the overall quality. the Atlas has some phunkee colours, too....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
thanks for the heads up with the linkage. and i am currently selling a thomson x4 stem if anyone is interested.....:thumb:
why sell it. pull it off. Put 2 bolts in the front bolt holes of your direct mount crown, dremel a little off the inside edge of the bolt head and drop the Thomson back on. Voila! Direct mount Thomson. Stem wont turn. Mod courtesy of motomike.;)

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
+1 for the carbon bars! ;)

Looks pretty badazz; I wish a wasnt such a giant goon so I could try/ride more bikes/designs. :(

2nd notice of the Minion DHR - nothing wrong with a pair of DHF's - but it ALMOST seems trendy. I like a DHR in back, but then I'm heavy and inclined to use my brakes a lot!

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Just curious...I am waiting for the call from Spec to order my Demo 8 1. If the won't let me get EP and I have to pay cost, do I have to pay for shipping?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
why sell it. pull it off. Put 2 bolts in the front bolt holes of your direct mount crown, dremel a little off the inside edge of the bolt head and drop the Thomson back on. Voila! Direct mount Thomson. Stem wont turn. Mod courtesy of motomike.;)
Most useful thing posted in this thread, although the bike looks pretty sick, and it looks like your having fun drifting it on some sick XC trails :D

just teasing you man, it looks rad, enjoy it.