Quantcast

My new DJ rig, simply amazing.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So today turned out to be a good day. I talked to deity yesterday and made the arrangements for my Vendetta cranks to come (yes, they were shipped out last night) and didnt expect to recieve them today...well, I did. On top of that, I was planning (when I went to my shop) to just lace up the wheel for my bighit for sale, but ALL of the parts for my Atomlab came in!

Amazement is the best word to describe how I felt today. I ended up spending 5 hours and alot of elbow grease, both mine and my fellow co-workers, and finished the bike today!

Heres the spec list.
Frame- Atomlab Pimp2
Fork- Black Rock Shox Pike 426
Bars- Black Deitys
Stem- Black Deity
Cranks- Black Deity vendettas
Chain ring- Deity 36tooth with grind bash
Pedals- Red Atomlab trailking
Chain- Red KMC Z410R 1/8th with 2 KMC half-links
Brakes- '08 Avid Juicy 7 160mm rear
Headset- Red Hope 1 1/8th
Rims- Red Atomlab Pimps 26"x32h
Spokes- Red Atomlabs
Nipples- Red Atomlab torques
Hubs- Aircorp 20mm front, Aircorp 12x130 rear with bolt on 10mm axle
Tires- Kenda K-rad 26x2.3 front/rear
Tubes- IRC Torque DH front/rear
Grips- ODI Rogue lock-on grips with red lock-jaws
Seat- Deity DJ
Seatpost- Thompson elite 26.8
Seat clamp- Red Salsa lip-lock 28.6

And now for some quick shots I took at my High School on the way home.

Give me your thoughts, comments, and pure amazement. :shocked:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Thanks guys!

Like I said, just some quick shots...I had to get home, but I had my tripod and camera in the car so I pulled them out for a few quick ones while the bike still looks new, before riding.

And yeah, I'm super happy with how it came out! I was hoping to get a straight line lever on my brake...but they werent very helpfull :-/.

BIG thanks to Mike at Atomlab for hooking me up with good super fast, and Eric and Sadie at Deity for getting me one of the first sets of Vendetta cranks and getting them to me so fast!

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
nice and shiny! And yes, the eyelets are much larger on the atomlab rims for their special nipples to fit.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
P.S. The bike rides sweet! I can hardly tell its a hardtail. Took it to the skate park today and was very pleased with how much its starting to help me improve.

snaky69

Monkey
Feb 10, 2007
Quebec, Canada
Very very nice bike, kinda looks like mine hehe.

I'd lose the DH tubes thought, honestly if you keep your pressure up(80psi or so) you won't flat very often(haven't flatted once this whole summer). It'll cut the weight of your tubes in half, a very noticable difference.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
snaky69, I was thinking about going with lighter tubes. But right now I'm only running 60 PSI, I believe thats pretty close to the max anyways. And I'd rather place it safe since I dont care about weight.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
That pic is poppin'!
Did you consider the atomlab inverted fork?
I did.
but this is my first hardtail since my XC schwinn 3 years ago...so I wanted to start out with some more travel then 60mm. Although, I ended up surprizing myself after riding at the skate park yesterday (and this morning before work) on how I'm beginning to like my fork super stiff with 95mm.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
And I think that Atomlab fork still has another month or so before it's out. Bike looks real good Muddy - great build :thumb:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I'll hopefully get some ride pics soon. I need to get a friend with a camera first.

thanks though guys. I'm glad others think it looks as good as I think it does.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
W/e works Stephen.
...I've been riding the skate park the last 3 days.

I duno if I can drive somewhere or not though.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Yeah Walter hall today and yesterday, woodenville Friday.

And Matt, I like your theme idea...haha.

snaky69

Monkey
Feb 10, 2007
Quebec, Canada
snaky69, I was thinking about going with lighter tubes. But right now I'm only running 60 PSI, I believe thats pretty close to the max anyways. And I'd rather place it safe since I dont care about weight.
I regularily run over 80psi in those tires, with regular tube(and an XC tube up front) and I've not run into a single problem. I think it's pretty safe.

You may not care about weight, but when I switched from DH tubes I noticed a big difference in the overall snappy feel of my bike, there's less inertia to fight.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
You may not care about weight, but when I switched from DH tubes I noticed a big difference in the overall snappy feel of my bike, there's less inertia to fight.
Well I suppose when I pay off the bike, I'll buy some tubes at my shop, since their only a few bucks, and give it a shot.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Walter Halls OK, I mean, I'd rather go to woodenville anyday, but since its close to me...I can go whenever I want, so thats a plus. Its right next to boeing...the opposite side of Everetts downtown.

P.S. Want to ride Woodenville tomaro? Dylan and I are talking about going there after school if its nice.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Dude, I need to know what kind of camera you were using. Those pictures are excellent. Sweet, sweet ride mang.
Tell you the truth, the pics arnt my best. Just some quickies. And I'mmore satisfied with my edited versions, but they're on my myspace.

But the camera was a Canon XTi with a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 on a tripod.

settings (off the top of my head...so guessing)
Shutter speed = 3 sec.
ISO= 200
F stop = 9.8
custom white balance
manual focus