Quantcast

My new RIDE

Jun 11, 2004
Kind of had a crappy day at work today...........

Then I was sitting at the dinner table this evening watching my 2 year old son get more food on the floor than in his mouth...........

Then the doorbell rang...............UPS!

SURPRISE!!

I broke my SX a few weeks ago and needed a new ride...........

So Atlantic Bicycles hooked me up!

Crappy day ERASED!! :biggrin:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
looks awesome!! Gran-mal right? You should come down to clemson sometime, our freeride club is about to be born. We have been workin on a DS track and will soon have a nice DH course.

jpk1080

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
where in clemson mattmatt. parents live on keowee and i've ridden issaqueena too many times, but wasn't aware of any dh going in in the area.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
looks awesome!! Gran-mal right? You should come down to clemson sometime, our freeride club is about to be born. We have been workin on a DS track and will soon have a nice DH course.
Rode there this past Sat. I hit the new Double on the top of the DH and was glad I pulled it. After almost running into the downed trees after the Double I walked back to the Double to fine a big hole in-between them. Glad I pulled it and didn't try to roll it. Glad to see someone doing something with the old course. Man has it grown up a lot sense I was last there.

Cecil

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Rode there this past Sat. I hit the new Double on the top of the DH and was glad I pulled it. After almost running into the downed trees after the Double I walked back to the Double to fine a big hole in-between them. Glad I pulled it and didn't try to roll it. Glad to see someone doing something with the old course. Man has it grown up a lot sense I was last there.

Cecil
We just handed in the paperwork for the Clemson Freeride Club. The DH course will be completly seperate from the DS course, a different group of guys has been working on the DS course, i dont really like what they are building after the second double but its too late now. Ill make a post when we deceide on a work/ride date for the DH course.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
We just handed in the paperwork for the Clemson Freeride Club. The DH course will be completly seperate from the DS course, a different group of guys has been working on the DS course, i dont really like what they are building after the second double but its too late now. Ill make a post when we deceide on a work/ride date for the DH course.
I know they are separate courses; I was one of the ones that helped build both courses years ago. We made all the rock gardens and all the old berms and jumps.

I am just saying to remember that others ride out there and if I was a normal rider out there and didn't try to jump that jump and just rode over it, I could of broken something. You need to make every thing safe. You can still make it big and safe at the same time. I have built more DS and DH courses than most and know this. All I am really saying is you want this thing to work out there and not get shut down because someone got hurt cross country riding because they fell in a hole on a trail riding that was dug out.

I am not trying to get on you in any way, but trying to help you keep what you’re all working for. I hope things work out great and hope to see another small race put on there again. I mess the old small grass roots races.

Now back to Daves new bike!!!! That thing is sweet and can't wait to help you build it.

:cheers:
Cecil

Jun 11, 2004
holl ****ing **** dave, i like that alot i am really ****ing jelious man, damn. nice work
Thanks man! Next time I see you I'll let you take it for a spin!

I was pretty bummed about my SX...........but that memory is quickly FADING!! :biggrin:

I think this frame will suit me better......she's BURLY!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i wonder how many ups men are on peoples christmas card list ?

they bring us killer sh-t.

Jun 11, 2004
i wonder how many ups men are on peoples christmas card list ?

they bring us killer sh-t.
They for sure deserve it! Those guys work some long hours and have to hussle.........

Hey Joey......I'll see you on Saturday! I'm meeting JonBoy and some other "Hucksters" on Saturday morning for a session at "The Rock!"

Weather is looking REAL GOOD too.....should be a good one......

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I am just saying to remember that others ride out there and if I was a normal rider out there and didn't try to jump that jump and just rode over it, I could of broken something. You need to make every thing safe. You can still make it big and safe at the same time. I have built more DS and DH courses than most and know this. All I am really saying is you want this thing to work out there and not get shut down because someone got hurt cross country riding because they fell in a hole on a trail riding that was dug out.

:cheers:
Cecil
So kids, the moral of the story is to look before you leap:lighten:

hayden

Chimp
Sep 30, 2006
where did you get that frame i got an iron horse mavrick and it sucks it borke after like ten miles i couldnt find that frame any were i got to take my ironhorse back its a piece of ****

Jun 11, 2004
where did you get that frame
At........... http://www.atlanticbicycle.com/

I think they still have a couple in stock. They are located in South Florida, but will ship anywhere.

phone: 954-971-9590

Ask for Santiago..........tell him Demolition Dave sent you! That will get you the half off double retail discount!! :biggrin: Just kidding.....

Ask for Santi........he should be able to hook you up!

Jun 11, 2004
how did you break your sx? no free replacement from specialized?

I was just riding along and it POPPED! :biggrin:

Specialized only replaced the rear end.........WHICH THE COLORS DIDN'T MATCH! So I'm in the process of having the rear end andonized black to match the frame.........and then it will be for sale!

Not to pleased with the Specialized's process..........:rant: