Quantcast

My new toy!

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I finally got all my parts and built my new bike, so I took a quick snapper with the digi cam.

Look KX Lite 59cm
Dura-ace 10spd
Ritchey Bars/Stem (WCS oversized)
Open Pro's on DA hubs (14-15g spokes)
Thomson post with Fizik Arione saddle
Michelin Carbon tires.

Attachments

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I was going to take it for a christening ride this morning, but I got up and I can't even see out my window because there is so much fog... I guess I should have expected that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
:thumb:

I love the crutch in the background... something so ironic.

The open pros are real popular. Guess that means they're good, which makes me happy that that's what I bought too, but on ultegra.

Why a double? SM says that more gears is good.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
LordOpie said:
:thumb:

I love the crutch in the background... something so ironic.

The open pros are real popular. Guess that means they're good, which makes me happy that that's what I bought too, but on ultegra.

Why a double? SM says that more gears is good.
A couple reasons on the double. DA 10spd is only available that way and I am going to take enough flak for having flat pedals on this bike...I don't need to amplify it with triple too!

Actually my first road bike had triple on it and I didn't use the small ring so...

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I got to ride today! It was great! I was a little nervous because it was the first time that I rode on the road since my surgery and I feel very vulnerable.
I made 2 realizations today. 1st this is the best riding and fitting road bike I have ever had! and 2nd 2+ months of sitting and a knee surgury are no way to train for road biking. I can't wait to get into better shape now.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
chicodude01 said:
im kinda a newbie to the hole Roadie thing, but what does the 59 cm part mean? is it the top tube length?
seat tube length... see (A) below...

careful tho, manufacturers can and do measure things their way which may not match up exactly with another bike. The next bike you buy, you should get measured and fitted by a good shop... instead of the volume dealers who'll just have you stand over the bike and call it done.