Quantcast

My pebble incident....

So Im out riding with my boss (the a$$hole one), the Ex, A friend named Denver (amazing flat lander) and then myself. Well I got up on this 2 foot ledge and was planning on riding it down to jump off. Well the skinnyness of the ledge must have freaked me out cause I lost my balance and fell off my bike, off the ledge and onto the ground with my bike landing on top of me. I thought I had just banged up my elbow until I look at and I HAVE A PEBBLE EMBEDDED INTO MY ARM!!!!!
It was AWESOME! It looked like you took a pebble and pushed it into dough. HA! OH and you bet I got pictures..and a movie!!! I am hoping I will put them up later today when I get back from seeing my grandparents.
Sorry just thought Id share! Someone will appreciate the battle wounds!
I fought the ledge...and ledge said "bend over, it will only hurt for a second" hehe.

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
I once crashed, and broke a packet of gu in my pocket. By the end of the ride my shorts were glued to my leg and I had to rip them off. Ow. But no pebbles. Not yet anyway.

The pebble was nothing. When I was at snowshoe 4 summers ago I went to go on the S banks (the ones made out of wood shown in the broshures all the time) and I was going to slow and my knee cheese graded into the metal mesh that covers the banks. Three 2 inch gashes later I finished my run and my friend Nick insisted we go to the patrol. They cleaned it as much as they could, wrapped it and sent me to the hospital. Get to the hospital and get 4 novicaine shots in each gash (do the math...thats 12 shots). WORST PAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Then they stitched me up and I was on my way. My only bummer besides the 12 shots was I had to cancel my trip early.
But I did get to remove my own stiches a couple weeks later!! AWESOME!

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
you're one tough cookie!

I crashed out at Bromont last year, my arm pad slipped and tore, I finished the run and got on the lift. The 2 guys I was with took my arm pad off and I had a huge deep gash in my elbow with little rocks in it. I almost passed out...had to put the lift safety bars down because they thought I was going to pass out. Then they had to clean it out for me....

I'm a whip:rolleyes:

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
zoey said:
I once crashed, and broke a packet of gu in my pocket. By the end of the ride my shorts were glued to my leg and I had to rip them off. Ow. But no pebbles. Not yet anyway.
Heh -- that happened to me in an xc race once, but the gu was the color of strawberry jam and was splattered all down my leg. I remember climbing this last big hill and this little girl and her mom were spectating and the little girl gasped and said, "eeeewwww -- look, mommy, that girl needs help she's bleeding". And her mom reassured her it wasn't blood.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
mohshee said:
Heh -- that happened to me in an xc race once, but the gu was the color of strawberry jam and was splattered all down my leg. I remember climbing this last big hill and this little girl and her mom were spectating and the little girl gasped and said, "eeeewwww -- look, mommy, that girl needs help she's bleeding". And her mom reassured her it wasn't blood.
I have a gu story too. Only mine was in my back jersey pocket...an entire flask full, and it proceeded to drip down my back into my crack throughout the race and then dried there so my ass was crusted to the saddle. Nice.

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
See how multi useful gu is? Not only will it energize you during the race, you can use it to give yourself a brazillian wax! ;)

Moshee-thank goodness it wasn't the chocolate flavor!

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
zoey said:
See how multi useful gu is? Not only will it energize you during the race, you can use it to give yourself a brazillian wax! ;)

Moshee-thank goodness it wasn't the chocolate flavor!
:rofl: I had an incident with plain Gu in the pocket of my DH shorts...it burst open and got all "sticky" on the $10 bill I had in there. Imagine the looks I got......:hot: