Quantcast

My ride for 1997

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
that front brake is amazing too. "screw that venting crap, lets just put some bigger pistons on"

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How does that ride compare to the KHS Dominatrix?
like saying a yugo is better than a pinto. The fulcrum was originally designed to run with the triple chain setup, so chainring "size" would have no effect on the rear wheel. Sort of like a jackshaft, but with more chains. when you get into the dual linkage setup, small changes can have a huge effect, just ask DW and Giant and Canfield and Banshee and...and...and....etc.

the "bl" is referenced in the questions section.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
It would be extremly interesting & maybe highly dangerous too to see the top DH racers do a retro race each on thier manufacturers DH bike from 1997!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'd buy it if it was the prior version with all the chains and ugly as hell fork. It's a piece of history :)

willie b

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Wake Forest, NC
MMMM Fulcrumtastic. Too bad it's not one of the multi-chainringed cantilever braked upside down fork monstrosities, I might buy it!
Nice find. Cannondale had some craziness going on in their R&D back then. They were the good old days. I don't miss those days, I still ride a 10 year old bike.:thumb: