Quantcast

My Ride for 2009

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Lazy Sunday.

Nice bike, not sure which fork is better, someone will chime in soon to say the RS in better though.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Does Banshee warranty still cover the Wildcard if it's used with an 8" fork? I was thinking of setting up a WC with a Boxxer Race as well, but lowered to 7".

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
Why a double crown on a Freeride bike? Its a bit of overkill and added weight. A lighter 6-7" single crown is a better choice. Manipoo Travis is garbage compared to the RS Boxxer. I think a Totem or some other lightish single crown is the way to go for the Wildcard.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Why a double crown on a Freeride bike? Its a bit of overkill and added weight. A lighter 6-7" single crown is a better choice. Manipoo Travis is garbage compared to the RS Boxxer. I think a Totem or some other lightish single crown is the way to go for the Wildcard.
I will second Mike on the Totem opinion. Its an awesome performing air forks and requires really little tuning to perfect. My boy's been running one on this rig for a while and he loves it. I've been running the spring version and I am really happy with it too. An 8 inch dual crown fork on that bike is going to be way too much for that. Unless you are running DH you wont need 8 for it, so I would look into the totem seriously. Other than that nice Bike.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
A guy I know actually ran a Wildcard with a 2005 888, racing DH (before he got his Scythe). He did pretty well on it, considering it's a "slopestyle" frame and a 3 year old fork. That said...I think his 88 had 180mm or so travel, so 203 might be a bit too much. But what would a Banshee be without an inch of two too much travel out front?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I like the totem and all, but I am one of the few people that has been treated well by manitou. I dont know if its because I take care of my stuff or that ive just been extremely lucky. the only thing theve ever done wrong in my book is chosen a name that rhymes with poo :huh:

and if i do run a double crown it will probably be a 180mm travis triple

and if i dont it'll be like a used Mars 66 or some other coil fork. I'm just not a fan of air shocks

greenblinker

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
i have a wildcard

with that being said, there is no point to use a dc fork - actually your killing the purpose of the bike itself

if you love manitou - run a travis sc and be done

also, i think 180mm on the bike is again to much travel and slacks it out. the bike works better with a 160-170mm in my opinion (and about 85% of the people with wildcards since they run this type travel fork as seen in pics)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yeah, i 2nd the single crown option for that bike...especially for where we live. a dh fork is way overkill for 90% of the local riding and the frame geo isn't designed around a long travel fork anyway so it wouldn't really help much on the DH side of things. i run my bottlerocket at 160mm in the front now and it handles much better, even on true DH, than it did when i had a 180mm fork up front.