Quantcast

My rides, part of the Transition Family

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
its not quite the same as riding the dh course...when we are out on the trails we are just hauling ass till we find something cool and might stop for a minute or two...there is nobody sitting beside the trail waiting for me to ride by and snag a pic:brows:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My Covert, all dressed up for a Keystone hit this coming Monday.

Yeah, it's not a DH bike, but for as big as my nads let me go, it works for one.

2.65 Kujo in back, 2.6 Specialized up front that actually is taller/wider than the Kujo. Pads added. I need to get a non-adjustable seatpost for days like that, when the post will just be staying in one spot.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
its not quite the same as riding the dh course...when we are out on the trails we are just hauling ass till we find something cool and might stop for a minute or two...there is nobody sitting beside the trail waiting for me to ride by and snag a pic:brows:
Kinda creepy if they were dont you say? :twitch::twitch::twitch:

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
I thought you are supposed to receive a FREE Paparazzi package deal with all Transtion bikes bought in 07?

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
i need help decidin wut to get...im debatin b/t the dirtbag and the bottlerocket. i ride dh and occasionally jump a lil, but mostly i ride northshore style stuff. what do u guys think would b best

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
i just switched from a dirt bag to a bottle rocket and I like the bottle rocket better, it does have less travel, but the geometry is better.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
and pics, parts are off the dirt bag, seat and post are borrowed cuz I forgot my old dirt bag had a smaller post dia. headset and stem are new. I like this green better than my old bike. I have more pics on pinkbike.

Attachments

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
i just switched from a dirt bag to a bottle rocket and I like the bottle rocket better, it does have less travel, but the geometry is better.
Quite a statement there. Seems like the BR is the bike in the TBC lineup. You don't hear anything bad about them. And the only ones for sale I've seen are guys trading sizes...
How much time do you have on the BR ? And, what is the difference in ride between the two bikes if you can describe it ? (out of curiosity)

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
i went from a Dirtbag to a BottleRocket, i love both bikes, the biggest thing for me was needing a more pedal efficient bike, the Dirtbag is a hucker for sure and has more travel in the back which make the DH runs a little easier on the body. but the BottleRocket is right there, it pedals better up-hill, the bike really hammers everything, feels faster and more nimble in tech areas, i also like the feel of the cockpit better on the BR. if your looking for more of a DH bike than i guess go with the DirtBag its got more squish and still feels really responsive. if your looking for more of a do all bike one that pedals better and can still hit everything with a little less squish go with the B.Rocket.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Who all is going to the Transition group ride this weekend! Me and my girl will be there, watch for a dark green Bottle Rocket and a grey TOP. see everybody there!!!! :monkeydance:

Rabelista

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
hi im rabelista (audwin)
I will get my transition double frame (white) tomorrow.
i have all the parts here so i can't wait to receive the frame and build it up =D.. I will post a pic of the complete bike here in a few days:lighten:

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
i was gonna go to the group ride with the Transition crew, but there is just to much stuff going on for me right now, not to mention a loong trip from NY to WA. im super dissapointed about not being able to go. takes lots of pictures and make sure you post about the ride.

Rabelista

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
im gonna use my double for 4x races and some dirt and slopestyle. so i added some carbon items to have some 4x look..

got my self some new saint parts from 2007::clapping:

Saint hubs
saint cranks
saint bb
saint brakes 160 mm disc.. (haven't made a photo)
saint derailleur SS (short cage, dont have a photo)

SDG fstyle DJ sattle with bbb carbon seatpost:

and a sherman jumper camo:

I also have here a spank 1.5 timer stem and a spank loungebar steer.
My hubs are on halo tornado rims (white, 36 hole, 26 inch)

Rabelista

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Holy crapp!!! look at my double:

it's a 2008 marzocchi roco air shock(H) cooll:greedy:

Frame and vork

Spank steer:

Odi ruffian grips and saint brakes..

saint derailleur

Marzocchi Roco air 2008 :happydance: :

Nieuwe atomblab GI DU pedals: (industrie gelagerde):brows:

pedals at saint cranks:

the MRP bashring from the MRP slalom 3 chainguide::brows:

Yeah!::banana:

next friday my rims are ready.. Can wait to go take a ride !!