Quantcast

my second, and third races this weekend

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
me and bigpapa1080 are going to richmond this weekend for his first and second race and my second and third. im kinda nervous about clipless. it will be my third time mtbing with them(ive used them on the road before.) and my first racing with them. i am most likely going to sprain my wrist again crashing.(the one that's been sprained off and on for a year and a half.) ive only crashed seriously once with clipless, and that was falling off a 3-foot log pile onto my elbow. anyway, does clipless help a lot racing?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by pat873401
me and bigpapa1080 are going to richmond this weekend for his first and second race and my second and third. im kinda nervous about clipless. it will be my third time mtbing with them(ive used them on the road before.) and my first racing with them. i am most likely going to sprain my wrist again crashing.(the one that's been sprained off and on for a year and a half.) ive only crashed seriously once with clipless, and that was falling off a 3-foot log pile onto my elbow. anyway, does clipless help a lot racing?
if you got a pair of spd type pedals you probably just need to loosen up the spring tension for a bit till you get used to riding off road w/ them and the cleats don't have any wear in them yet so it's going to make it a bit more difficult to get out of them then it is like a few weeks from now. you might want to lube the springs and the plates on the pedals then put some lube on the cleat as well. and yes clipless is a MUST For xc racing.....

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Thanks.

i got 3rd of the eight that finished sunday, out of 11 that started, and fifth of 10 that finished on monday of 12 that started.

I got a medal for 3rd.