Quantcast

My Selle Italia Flite came apart

Loner

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Sweden
I went out for a little ride today and awhile into the ride I tried to lift my bike by the saddle and noticed it was loose. Looking closer I saw that the rails had detached from the front of the saddle like pictured below:

I don't recall landing on it very hard and I think I would have noticed considering it's not the softest saddle out there. I bought the saddle 2 weeks ago and have around 7 rides on it. Anyone else had this happen to their saddle?

Im going back to the shop with it tomorrow but I seem to have misplaced my receipt, but since they recognize me there I hope that it wont be a problem

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I don't remember how - but I know I've successfully wrestled a seat like that back into shape just in case they give you grief at the shop.

J

JRB

A strong prybar will allow you to get the rails back in. The shop should warranty it though. I did it on the most technical trail here last year on a WTB saddle. I rode standing up and it sucked. I fixed the saddle, but do not use it now. Pisser.

J

JRB

Just wondering how this turned out since we rarely get a closer on threads.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I've been running Flites on all bikes for over 10 years.

Yep - I've had that happen. Popped it back into place and I still ride it today. No big deal.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Selle Italia are not my favorite saddles... imo i heard that they broke more of those slr saddles and the full carbon one. I really don;t like how they sit. I've tried a flite for some time, but it took a lot of getting used to.That was about ten years ago.
Now i only ride with Fizi;k Nisene saddles. And a dirjump saddel from Specialized.

I've thrashed my nisene cow -ti for over 3 years, and really nothing happened with it. Only the normal wear of saddle cow hide. :thumb: