Quantcast

My TLD custom helmet

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
I had troy lee put the short (stinger) visor in there. That's why...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I like how they subtly painted in the silhouette of a birdwatcher-type camera man on his back porch sneaking up on the helmet to snap a pic of the rare black butted helmet hawk! It must have taken hours to do that part, right????

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Haha. I had til let go 1000 bucks, and supply the helmet myself. It was worth it though.

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
DH, freeriding etc. some ATV riding. Thought I might as well go for the MX lid cause it can be used more all round in my opinion. Nothing against DH lid, but as an ex-MX rider, I like MX ones.

M@LPHY

Monkey
Oct 6, 2004
the Netherlands
Hey guys...

If you want TLD to paint your lid, you gotta' bleed!
But yes 1.000,- is a lot... i can see where the time spent into design went.

Indeed don't crash it!

Have a good flight! :)
(i reckon' you like grab some air... with those wings adorning your Bell)

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Thanx, for all the compliments. Right now I'm cutting down the foam to get it to fit.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
The paint job is great, but....."do not crash with your helmet" ??? What is next ?? Make sure you do not scratch your body armor ?? Do not make your equipment more expensive than you will still use it....otherwise you are a poser or it is a waste of $ !!

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Easy now. I'm not plannin on riding without no helmet. If you crash, you crash. If you can't handle your helmet getting dented, then don't get an expensive one.

Only possitve effect is that you might try saving your crash more than you would normally. LOL.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
macmx said:
Easy now. I'm not plannin on riding without no helmet. If you crash, you crash. If you can't handle your helmet getting dented, then don't get an expensive one.

Only possitve effect is that you might try saving your crash more than you would normally. LOL.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I had a D2 custom painted by a great local painter. It looked killer and set me back $3 hundo. I got flipped alot of sh#t about being a pretty boy. So if you have a pimpy paint job on your lid, all I can say is you better be damn good and fast to back that up! The paint looks sweet!!

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
KleinMp99 said:
$1,000 USD? Your ****ing with us.....there is no way you paid that much. Plus is looks like ****...
What a dick. What would you know about a good paint job? Have you seen the fugly paint job on KleinMp99's soccer mom van?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Mac,
It looks beautiful!

I could never justify that kind of $$$ for painting a bike helmet but I could almost (heavy emphasis on almost) see doing it for a race car/truck driver helmet where you don't jeopardize the paint job multiple times daily.

Anyway, post up some in flight pics of the helmet in use...

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
holliswood said:
I had a D2 custom painted by a great local painter. It looked killer and set me back $3 hundo. I got flipped alot of sh#t about being a pretty boy. So if you have a pimpy paint job on your lid, all I can say is you better be damn good and fast to back that up! The paint looks sweet!!
what about a custom painter yourself? lol i suck but my lid will always look sick

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
KleinMp99 said:
$1,000 USD? Your ****ing with us.....there is no way you paid that much. Plus is looks like ****...
Please tell me your kidding. Your ****ing with us...there's no way you just said that. You sound like a reall cool guy. :eviltongu

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Mac... You made me do it. Where the hell does you bankroll come from?

I try to avoid questions like that but you forced me to do it. All of the Brooklyn and TLD extravagances have gotten the better of me.

M@LPHY

Monkey
Oct 6, 2004
the Netherlands
punkassean said:
Mac,
I could never justify that kind of $$$ for painting a bike helmet but I could almost (heavy emphasis on almost) see doing it for a race car/truck driver helmet where you don't jeopardize the paint job multiple times daily.

But how can you justify a Bling! carbon D2?
If you crash a carbon D2 will give... just like the fiber D2!

In any case whaddabout my self-painted Giro MM2.
That silver is a 'chrome' base... no dipping but sprayable paint!

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=171815

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=171816

If have stacked it during BMX training!
Wrecked the peak practicing clearing a gapped double into drop on a 4X!

Except for the peak it still looks as new.
2K Clear Coat is extremely durable and some elbow grease with autopolish! :D

And those autosport guys helmets will only be seen when not in-car!