Quantcast

My Ugly Seafoam Bike

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Everyone ranted about how ugly seafoam is, so I did my whole bike in it for this season. I was hoping to get it to color match a bit closer, but its powder, so what can ya do eh?

I did the graphics myself, and then managed to mangle them putting them on so I am going to do another more refined round and a better job of mounting them. Handlebars are FUNN's with extensions (Thanks RD!), and cranks are Saints. Both of which were lovingly stripped and polished to pimpness.

Thanks to Michael, Ricky, and Mickey!

Enjoy!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
that thing is sweet!

i am not sure if its possible, but you should try polishing your spring. not sure what paint you can apply after polishing it to keep it shiny, but it would be a nice addition. bit over the top, maybe, but why not? :)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
of course i'm joking. but i was amazed how DW's baby blue Sunday with 'evil' decals managed to confuse so many people at the US Open. As if not having 'sunday' written on it suddenly makes the bike unidentifiable:crazy:

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
What did you strip the cranks with. Now i want to do it.
Just think how pimp polished lowers would be!

Oven cleaner. Make sure you get the stuff with lye in it... the odorless bullcrap won't work. Heavy duty oven cleaner is what you need from the grocery store. It took 3 applications to get mine pretty damn stripped if I remember correctly. Then I wet sanded mine 4 times gradually getting finer with the wet sand paper. Auto zone sell sells a wet sandpaper sampler pack which has all the grits you need. Finished them up with some wheel polish. After a few rides they got really scratched but I could always re-sand them and polish them up.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looks great. Is the color washing out in the light or is that pretty accurate?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
of course i'm joking. but i was amazed how DW's baby blue Sunday with 'evil' decals managed to confuse so many people at the US Open. As if not having 'sunday' written on it suddenly makes the bike unidentifiable:crazy:
That thread was the exact reason I was asking. I actually overheard people at the U.S Open whispering "is that the new Evil Fully?" I felt like hitting them over the head with a tack Hammer.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That thread was the exact reason I was asking. I actually overheard people at the U.S Open whispering "is that the new Evil Fully?" I felt like hitting them over the head with a tack Hammer.
but you didn't because you were too busy puking your guts out from staring at those god awful Clemson jerseys you were wearing.

Piper's bike was the pimp factor of the weekend. Fastest bike sitting still hands down. Kinda surprised DW didn't strap the Staccato's to it to debut them...since they matched.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Last edited:

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Thanks guys!

Cranks/Bars were stripped with oven cleaner and wet sanded/polished, didnt take too long.

I kinda like the boxxer decals on there, but maybe ill do up some red ones with seafoam lettering or something.

Shock is getting Pushed next week too! Ti spring on it would be sick looking... hadnt thought about that.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Piper, you better not tell people that the graphics were made to match the pattern on your Royal kit. you know how uncool that is these days:cheers:

i bet you just wanted a custom painted Sunday because Sam Hill has one.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Piper, you better not tell people that the graphics were made to match the pattern on your Royal kit. you know how uncool that is these days:cheers:

i bet you just wanted a custom painted Sunday because Sam Hill has one.
SHHHHH.

Sam wishes his sunday was as dope as mine. chyaaa