Quantcast

! ! ! National Dare Day GMT ! ! !

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I dare you to post in this thread!

Didn't do much yesterday. Mostly read the instructions to install my new radio in my truck.

Today I'm going to install the radio in my truck while I'm at work.

Be safe out there.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Sox got pounded but closed to a meaningless 3 run loss...would have been nice if A-Gon hadn't been punched out in three pitches. nice night at Fenway, though, and great seats. and free, too. good combo.

went to see Radian afterwards. they got on later than i was hoping (i got to the club @ 10:45 and the 2nd of 4 bands were on), but it was good. really good, actually.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
went to do a ride last night and ended up doing trail work instead, so that worked out to be pretty awesome. not really sure what im gonna do today maybe ride a bike as unusual as that is for me :D.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Wednesday. My bike is in serious need of repairs - maybe I'll get that taken care of after my races this weekend. The bottom bracket sounds really rough, my fork is leaking and Derek says it's blown. Fingers crossed I make it through short track, super D and the BIG xc race this weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
because every "instruction" manual ive ever seen has been worthless. everything is color coordinated anyway (when it comes to wiring)
Soooo a new car stereo should come with no instructions because people should just know how to install them? Kind of like plugging in a coffee maker?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Soooo a new car stereo should come with no instructions because people should just know how to install them? Kind of like plugging in a coffee maker?
most radio instruction manuals dont tell you how to install the radio, they just tell you what each wire is for (though the wires themselves are typically labeled too.) the dash and wiring kit usually has the instructions on how to actually install the radio and those are usually a PITA.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
most radio instruction manuals dont tell you how to install the radio, they just tell you what each wire is for (though the wires themselves are typically labeled too.) the dash and wiring kit usually has the instructions on how to actually install the radio and those are usually a PITA.
Quo Fan is a pretty capable guy. I'm sure whatever instructions he has will suffice.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
The wife got the new stereo from Crutchfield, and I was reviewing the instructions with the intent of getting an approximate install time. The hard part was removing the clock/hazard switch assembly from the stock insert. I still have to figure out a way to keep the top of the housing secured to the dash. I may just modify the tabs to fit.

The wife got the new stereo from Crutchfield, and I was reviewing the instructions with the intent of getting an approximate install time. The hard part was removing the clock/hazard switch assembly from the stock insert. I still have to figure out a way to keep the top of the housing secured to the dash. I may just modify the tabs to fit.
crutchfield instructions rock.

call them and ask what other people do about the housing - I've used their phone support too and they are awesome on the phone.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
the wife got the new stereo from crutchfield, and i was reviewing the instructions with the intent of getting an approximate install time. The hard part was removing the clock/hazard switch assembly from the stock insert. I still have to figure out a way to keep the top of the housing secured to the dash. I may just modify the tabs to fit.
moar shimz!!!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Dropped in to see who was daring whom to what. I don't know whether I should be disappointed, as I haven't been here enough to have a proper yardstick. I'll check back later.

Don't get here much these days, but I miss the adult conversation.

Wait.

I miss people over the age of 3 speaking to me in complete sentences about things other than chocolate milk and hand puppets.

So, how you guys doing?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Dropped in to see who was daring whom to what. I don't know whether I should be disappointed, as I haven't been here enough to have a proper yardstick. I'll check back later.

Don't get here much these days, but I miss the adult conversation.

Wait.

I miss people over the age of 3 speaking to me in complete sentences about things other than chocolate milk and hand puppets.

So, how you guys doing?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Apparently I'm smack dab in the center of THREE spots that have had confirmed tornadoes. Never seen skies get so dark and move so fast in my life.

Waffles and PBR for dinner.

EDIT - On the news gub'na Derpval just said I'm in a "tornado warning zone"

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Please kill me now.

Our primary Vendor changed their policies. Everyone on my staff now has to take their online driver certification course if we are to remain one of their contractors. To say that the program is set to the level of the highschool drop out /ESL student is an understatement. Our staff is all college educated, EMT or Paramedic certified and we just had to endure 6 hours each of mind numbing stupidity. I understand that it is a cost reduction Liability Insurance driven program but some of the information for treating medical issues in transport and blood borne pathogens was just plain wrong.

I want my 6 hours and 50 lost IQ points back.

Mooshoo or PSP would have passed with ease:eek:

:rant::rant:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
When I alluded to looking for adult conversation... um, you might not count.
Hence the LOLWUT.

Between myself, JonKranked and BigHitr it's safe to say the collective IQ of the "adult" RM population has been lowered substantially. If you're looking for adult conversations go elsewhere.:rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Apparently I'm smack dab in the center of THREE spots that have had confirmed tornadoes. Never seen skies get so dark and move so fast in my life.

Waffles and PBR for dinner.

EDIT - On the news gub'na Derpval just said I'm in a "tornado warning zone"
My brother is at Westover and he says there is much destruction in the pioneer valley tonight. Helicopter rescue sorties...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Interesting night last night. Started off with trivia in a bar with some friends/ coworkers. Ended with me getting hit on by a drag queen in the street as I was on my way home. :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Between myself, JonKranked and BigHitr it's safe to say the collective IQ of the "adult" RM population has been lowered substantially. If you're looking for adult conversations go elsewhere.:rofl:
I'd been assuming BIGHITR is 12. Am I wrong?

I'm with you on you an Jon though.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Interesting night last night. Started off with trivia in a bar with some friends/ coworkers. Ended with me getting hit on by a drag queen in the street as I was on my way home. :rofl:
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walks like a woman and talks like a man
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo Lola

Well, we drank champagne and danced all night,
Under electric candlelight,
She picked me up and sat me on her knee,
She said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?" :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walks like a woman and talks like a man
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo Lola

Well, we drank champagne and danced all night,
Under electric candlelight,
She picked me up and sat me on her knee,
She said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?" :rofl:
:rofl:

Over the course of the night the group that started out at trivia trickled out as we moved through a couple different bars. By the end of the night it was just myself and one of my housemates out. We're walking home, and end up walking behind the drag queen, and a guy she was with. They're walking kinda slow, so we walk past them, and as we do she gives me a looooong look. The girl I'm with, thinking this is hilarious, says something to the effect of "how's it going?" The drag queen, without missing a beat, goes, staring at me the whole time, "ok, but better if I had your ___." Neither I or my friend made out that last word, which is likely for the best. Right after saying that the drag queen and her friend ducked into a store so that was the end of it. :rofl: