Quantcast

Need a new helmet that fits L/XL but is tighter in the cheeks

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
ok so I had a D3 size XL which fit my head good, but was loose in the cheeks(even with the thickest pads). I also tried the Large D3 which I couldnt even get on my head.. so D3's are out for me.

So I'm looking for a helmet that fits a L-XL size but has a tighter fit in the cheeks, anyway have any suggestions. Im leaning towards maybe trying 661 or fox?

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
TroyLee SE3 and Thor Force have very tight cheek pads and are VERY comfortable around the jaw ...

Not cheap but at least they are not stupidly overpriced like MTB helmets

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
From my experience the Shoei VFX-W has a realy tight and very snug fit on the cheeks,it simply molds arround your head very nicely due to the 3D Max dry liner:D.IMO the fit is allot better than of that of a D3 i ounce tried in a bike shop before i went to a MX bikeshop.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I just picked up a Fox Rampage. The first thing I noticed when I put it on was how much better a fit around my cheeks it was than my 661. Very reasonably priced as well, IMO.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I picked up a THE helmet last year and it fit significantly tighter round my cheeks than past helmets that I wore.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Hey Barry..........You should come down for a session at Ward in the next couple weeks. You can try on my TLD SE-2.........its an XL. I've never had on a D3 for comparison, but the SE-2 fits me perfect and is nice an snug around the cheeks.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
ok so I had a D3 size XL which fit my head good, but was loose in the cheeks(even with the thickest pads). I also tried the Large D3 which I couldnt even get on my head.. so D3's are out for me.

So I'm looking for a helmet that fits a L-XL size but has a tighter fit in the cheeks, anyway have any suggestions. Im leaning towards maybe trying 661 or fox?
I use the Fly Racing Kinetic DOT. It fits significantly tighter in the cheeks.
It's been a great helmet for me!