Quantcast

Need help...Fell on to the wagon again

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
All I saw in that pic was a bunch of soda cans, where are the beer bottles?:clue:

Just giving you a hard time, I'm not a fan of cans, I think it tends to give the beer some off flavors.:cheers:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
All I saw in that pic was a bunch of soda cans, where are the beer bottles?:clue:
what the hell is "soda" anyways? damn 'mericans! :rant:

Bottles are great and all - except when you have to hike a few miles into where youre going. Then you have to worry about them breaking, and they're a major PITA to haul out at the end of the day. Cans just crush up nice and tidy.

I think it tends to give the beer some off flavors.:cheers:
Yeah....wouldn't want your Colt45's to taste funny!:biggrin:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Was chilly when I got home and decided to make a trip to the cellar. And there I found some of this that I picked up over the summer for the cooler weather.

It was damn tasty and it feels good to be back off the wagon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OMG, that would get me off the wagon for sure!!!

SS, is that Gordon Biersch in a can?
I'm not sure what Gordon Biersch is, but this is Oskar Blue's strong ale:

Gordon is a hybrid version of strong ale, somewhere between an Imperial Red and a Double IPA. We make it with six different malts and three types of hops, then dry-hop it with a mutha lode of Amarillo hops. It is 8.7% alcohol by volume, and has 85 International Bittering Units.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I'm not sure what Gordon Biersch is, but this is Oskar Blue's strong ale:

Gordon is a hybrid version of strong ale, somewhere between an Imperial Red and a Double IPA. We make it with six different malts and three types of hops, then dry-hop it with a mutha lode of Amarillo hops. It is 8.7% alcohol by volume, and has 85 International Bittering Units.
Oskar Blue is the brewing company? That sounds pretty freaking good. Sounds like a IIPA that's a bit sweeter than normal.