Quantcast

need help with chain guide

Jakedizzle

Chimp
Jun 29, 2010
lake elsinore, CA
so i have a 07 kona stinky primo and i wanna get a chain guide for it to stop my chain from slapping all over the place. what would be a good chain guide to look at and what all do i need to mount it. thanks. btw my bike runs 2 gears up front and i kinda wanna keep it like that. so what will kit on there that will help my chain from going all over the place. thanks

or do you recommend just taking of the smaller front gear and just leaving only the 36t gear. and this way i can get a nice chain guide. my bike also doesnt have iscg tabs

Last edited:

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
so i have a 07 kona stinky primo and i wanna get a chain guide for it to stop my chain from slapping all over the place. what would be a good chain guide to look at and what all do i need to mount it. thanks. btw my bike runs 2 gears up front and i kinda wanna keep it like that. so what will kit on there that will help my chain from going all over the place. thanks

or do you recommend just taking of the smaller front gear and just leaving only the 36t gear. and this way i can get a nice chain guide. my bike also doesnt have iscg tabs

Depends on what you want to do with it, if you want a dedicated DH bike, then go with a single ring. I recommend either the E*thirteen SRS, or LG1 it depend if you want to bash it off of the bb or cranks.

It you want to go dual ring front aka: you earn your turns then go with either the DRS or Heim 2 by E*thirteen.