Quantcast

need help with climbing rope...

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
so Im lookin for a rope that I can use for sport climbing. Ive got a 10.5mm NE rope that I use indoor but I would like something like a 10mm or 10.2 that I can use for outdoor. Its gotta be a dry rope and have sharp edge resistance. Can anybody help me out with this? So far i've only found a beal that is like this but I would like some other options, thanks!

so Im lookin for a rope that I can use for sport climbing. Ive got a 10.5mm NE rope that I use indoor but I would like something like a 10mm or 10.2 that I can use for outdoor. Its gotta be a dry rope and have sharp edge resistance. Can anybody help me out with this? So far i've only found a beal that is like this but I would like some other options, thanks!
Check SAC, they have had the same dry rope coming up consistently. I think its a 60m rope. I will try to find it and post i link, give a minute or two.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
rope for climbing ? hmmmm.

i've always just burned it and gone for a ride.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I didnt realize its so expensive, i dont know how much you plan on spaending, but you can buy the past items at 40% off. so it would probably be a 115 bucks?

http://sacattack.com/items/914

Sorry, i didnt realize it was a 9.2....
that is not a bad price...

my bro in law runs double 9's for lead climbing out at J-tree, and for some routes up at teh Gunks! he told me why it was so much better to run double ropes, but I'll be damned if I can remember:twitch: (long explanation)

I have had good luck with my Black Diamond ropes, they make some nice ropes, I have both static and a dynamic rope by them. I just never use them:disgust1: