Quantcast

Need Help

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Hey , I was curious if anyone might know this person.

Mark B Hurd
1508 mentone ave #a
grover beach, CA 93433
United States

I purchased a bike online from him and havent recieved anything and he doesnt return my calls or emails. I really dont know what to do at this point, but it was a $1400 transaction that I really cant afford to lose. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Raacerx

Monkey
Did you just send a money order? Paypal? Check?

Call the police. If you sent a money order, call the post office. If you sent a check, call your bank. How long has he not returned your calls? Is there a possibility of a family emergency or something like that? Theres a ton of stuff you can do, and for $1400, its worth doing. If it comes down to it, you can always find some fellow bikers who are willing to pay the guy a visit and see whats up. Unfortunetly it has to be done once in a long while.

This is why you use Paypal or buy something locally.

PS. 93433 i believe is a Southern California zipcode, like below San Luis Obispo, so your a lot better off trying the SoCal Forum.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Raacerx said:
Did you just send a money order? Paypal? Check?

Call the police. If you sent a money order, call the post office. If you sent a check, call your bank. How long has he not returned your calls? Is there a possibility of a family emergency or something like that? Theres a ton of stuff you can do, and for $1400, its worth doing. If it comes down to it, you can always find some fellow bikers who are willing to pay the guy a visit and see whats up. Unfortunetly it has to be done once in a long while.

This is why you use Paypal or buy something locally.

PS. 93433 i believe is a Southern California zipcode, like below San Luis Obispo, so your a lot better off trying the SoCal Forum.
what raacerx said. don't let this guy get away with it. there's plenty you can do.
there is a chance that he fell into some sort of emergency situation, but i doubt it. no matter what happens it's not too difficult to get to a computer/phone and take 30 seconds to get in touch, especially someone who has sent you $1400.
try the socal forum

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Its a long story, but he said the bike shop was packing it and shipping the bike. A week went by and he answered his phone and said the shop was sending it right out thye just havent got around to it yet. That was the last I heard a week ago and its been 3 weeks since the purchase. I did use paypal and they are investigating , but if the money is gone from his paypal account theres not much they can do. Mybe someone will come across this that knows the guy. I did post in the SoCal forum also. Thanks!!