Quantcast

Need info about the BETD FSR-XC linkage

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
It offers 90, 110 and 130 mm of rear travel and two ride height options. This is for 200$CDN. With 70$CDN more, you can get the bearing kit.

Does anybody have any experience with this product? I guess the bike would be a lot more plush and stiff. How does the BETD kit compares to the mountainspeed X-Rated kit (apart from the fact that the later offers only 76 or 90mm of travel)?

Now that I have an X-Vert Super with 105mm on my FSR, it begs for a rear travel upgrade.

Thanks for any info... :)

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Bump!

Nobody has ever heard of it? I checked on Empty Beer and pretty much everybody says it's awesome but one or two riders says it's a worthless piece of crap! Usual polarisation of opinions we see in Empty Beer's review. I'd really like to have opinions from Monkeys. I prefer to have my beer full rather than MT. (hummm that be a good RM signature, right? :wink:)

I'm sorry to insist like that... :(

Nov 28, 2001
GWN-ON-TO
I've only seen the MRP version in use. It doesn't have all the features of the BETD, but does come with cartridge bearings. It noticeably stiffened up the rear triangle (side-to-side) and the suspension felt smoother and more active (obviously as a result of the increase in travel, but I believe the arc of stroke has a different overall rate)

This was on the first-generation FSR XC - where the 'link' mated to the brakestays and shock pivot all in one. The newer FSR XC's had a miniature linkage not unlike their other bikes, and a 'special' shock size of about 6" eye to eye. I have no knowledge about them other than that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Betd is the English one, yes. http://www.betd.co.uk/ I ran the Stinky plates, and they worked fine. The craftsmanship was good, and the only hassle was getting a money order from the bank in pounds sterling. If the FSR plates are made with the same precision, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

plates on my old Stinky:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i bought a set of travel upgrade plates from betd, used my visa and all was really easy (xcept for the customs here , but thats another story)

the company was really good to deal with and product was outstanding (the giant atx plates)

id give the fsr linkage a try but make sure your shock is in ok shape to cope with the extra leverage, and if youre planning to use the full 130mm travel, you might need a new stiffer spring

v

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by vitox

id give the fsr linkage a try but make sure your shock is in ok shape to cope with the extra leverage, and if youre planning to use the full 130mm travel, you might need a new stiffer spring

v
Thanks. I have an air shock (FOX float) on my FSR...so I guess I'll just have to put more air into it. Apart from that, I might just use the 110mm setting because I have a 105mm fork (01 X-Vert super).

My other concern is whether I'll use the high or low BB configuration. I guess I'll have to try it to see what's better. Of course I'd prefer the higher BB configuration but I'm worried it would make the HA too steep. Have any idea?