Quantcast

Need Iron Horse 7.5 HELP

harpo-rider

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
New to the ridemonkey, or at least new to posting so don't sue me if I'm going about this the wrong way but I have a serious question about my brand new 7.5 and was hoping someone could help.

At the top of the suspension (fully extended with no weight) there is a very small dead spot with a clunk at the top. Meaning, if you are riding over bumps, when the suspension becomes fully extended there is what sounds like a metal on metal clunk. Also, you can duplicate the sound by standing off the bike, holding the rear tire down with your foot and quickly pulling up on the seat or frame. Clunk Clunk Clunk.

All ready sent the Progressive 5th Elemnt shock back to Progressive for a rebuild but the bike makes the same noise. I'm still not convinced that it's not the shock making the noise but diagnosing it seems to be near impossible.

Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction.
Thanx Joe

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
It's a 2005 right?

Call IH and get the correct shock hardware kit. Minor screw-up. The bushing spacers are out of spec. The play is in the bushings.

harpo-rider

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
Thanx!
The hardware actually didn't quite seem snug enough.

Do you know anything about the shock though? It does seem like it also has a dead spot at the top (fully extended) end of the stroke. Seems like that could be chunking as well. Hmmm???