Quantcast

Need some gamer help...

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I've got the 360 and yes it is still the original that I purchased in Sept. '06. Of course, I only have maybe 40 hours of game play on it. Turned it on Dec. 4th for the first time in at least 6 months because it now supports divx and xvid so I can watch all my downloaded content on the big screen. I was very close to selling it to a friend with a PS3 who was tired of the poor game selection but I think I'll keep it now as basically a media center.

I don't keep up with all of this stuff but didn't MS extend the warranty to 3 years on all 360s? I seem to remember something about PS3 game programming that developers weren't that interested since it takes a lot of work to split up the code among the multiple processors.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I dunno. We're so lame, we bought a Wii.

I haven't owned a video game system since the NES.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I dunno. We're so lame, we bought a Wii.

I haven't owned a video game system since the NES.
Yeah I bought the SNES when it was the latest and greatest. When I worked for Sony I was almost talked in to owning an PS2. Occasionally I think of buying Wii/360/PS3 but then I realize I don't have the time/money/interest for it.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Drunken Wii Sports is a sure-fire party hit. Until someone puts a fist through the LCD TV screen.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Drunken Wii Sports is a sure-fire party hit. Until someone puts a fist through the LCD TV screen.
I've tried the Wii once at someone's house when it first came out - it seemed fun. I just don't know how long it would keep my interest and I rather spend my money on other stuff. I occasionally check out biking videos or game demos but the teaser is all I need :D

Video games are definitely more dynamic these days with the bigger development budgets, better technology, network play, and VOIP.

I hadn't bought PC game in years but then I got the Orange Box for $25 - its great so far. I finished Portal in an afternoon and play TF2 from time to time.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
YES!

I think I want one for this sole reason.

I hit a girl upside the head playing Wii tennis once while completely plastered. But she was plastered too, so it was okay. Hooray!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I think we're going to get that "Raving Rabids" game for more party fun. They have minigames where you chug beer (onscreen) to make the rabbits burp for a burp competition and stuff...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My XoBox 360 has had mutiple problems with reading DVD's and such. It's really loud, but when I'm not having problems with it reading a game or a DVD, it works perfectly, but that never happens.