Quantcast

Need wide feet shoe help

rcdreamer

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Marietta, Ga
I have a buddy that has wide feet (4e) and I'm trying to help him find some clipless mtn shoes, do you guys have any recommendations for shoes that will be comfortable for a 4e width?
Thanks
Robert

I have a buddy that has wide feet (4e) and I'm trying to help him find some clipless mtn shoes, do you guys have any recommendations for shoes that will be comfortable for a 4e width?
Thanks
Robert
Sidi dominator mega

Nike stuff maybe?

take the guy to a few shop so he can try on a ton of shoes. see which one he likes

look on companies websites to see if some of them make a wide model i.e. shimano, Sidi, Nike, addidas. i can think of too man others off the top of my head....

rcdreamer

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Marietta, Ga
I probably should have mentioned that tomorrow we are going to hit the local shops to see what they have. Sorry it's really late. lol
I had seen the sidi's mentioned in a couple topics, but they are outside of his price range. He is hoping to stay under/around $100.
I've been bouncing around a lot of the manufactures sites and have been having a hard time finding anybody that specifies widths.
I'll make sure to try and have him find some nike's while were out looking.
Thanks for the help master.
Robert

hahahahahaha, you called me master......:clapping:

If hes getting into this seriously, spending money on a pedal eff. comfotble shoe is worth it, as cheaper shoes are ussually more flexible, which can cause foot pain. I bought a cheaper pair of Shimanos, about 8 i think, and on ride of much lenth i would have crazy bad foot pain. I now have Nike AlpinIII, with the carbon sole, they have no flex, and are extremely comfy, even on 50-60 miles rides, and im sue they could go much longer.

When your shopping, look for a real stiff sole. as on clipless, all your wieght is on a very small piece, and if it flexs too much, the sole isnt ditributing your weight acroos the shoe, instead, its all in that smaller spot, which causes fot pain. I think he should save his money, and get a better pair of shoes, if he finds someting comfortable.

Also, try to find a shoe that doesnt stretch alot i.e. good synthetic leather, or the lorica that they put on the Sidi's. What kind of pedals will he be using?

if he find something real comfy, consider justifying spending more money, to have more fun, im hapy with my purchase.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You just recommended Nikes for wide feet? Hahahaha.

Maybe look at a more "recreational" shoe like a Specialized Tahoe or a more skate-styled shoe. They tend to be wider than XC-style shoes.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Freak feet and budget do not mix. Sidis will be his only off the peg option. Otherwise he is looking at custom shoes from Rocket 7 or Lamson

rcdreamer

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Marietta, Ga
Cool, thanks for the replies guys. We ended up finding some shimano shoes for him. I can't remember the model but they are a xc shoe. I guess we will see in time how they do riding, he seemed happy with how they felt on his foot though.
Thanks again for the help.

Robert

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
Things may have changed, but when I was working in a shop, Pearl Izumi seemed to have a wider toe box. I know they dont exactly make the best shoes, but if you have a tight budget, check em out.

wreckedrex

Monkey
Feb 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
The specialized shoes seem pretty wide. My dad picked up a pair and they're better than my ancient Lakes or my brothers equally old Answers. They seem like pretty nice shoes for the $$ too.

Dan