Quantcast

New, 2010 Glory freeride build

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
The weight should be on the dartmoor site. They are very lightweight rims. As for Atlas FR what's the differance with the new saints? Under 100g while in some places they are cheaper than RF.
Agreed. The Atlas FR's in the same size are only 20 grams lighter... Not to mention the ease of maintenance that Shimano has going for them.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Nozzes, this is exactly what Norbar and Uncle Cliffy say... almost the same weight and I could get crank arms with BB directly from local Shimano distributor. I have also been told that Saint's are super stiff and don't get loose.

Any idea about shock? or seatpost?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Nozzes, this is exactly what Norbar and Uncle Cliffy say... almost the same weight and I could get crank arms with BB directly from local Shimano distributor. I have also been told that Saint's are super stiff and don't get loose.

Any idea about shock? or seatpost?
i think you need to scrap the single crown and put a dorado on it :)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
If You sponsor it, I may try ;P
But, seriously, I don't race, so I don't feel the need for triple crown fork.

I solved the mistery of moving saddle... rails are not flat :( I have to claim it.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I have finally managed to ride my new rig out of town :)

Totem works good, brakes are OK, under BB rear mech cable w/o issues, pedals work good :) The only thing is RC4 which IMO has too much compression damping.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
beware of those dreaded giant seatposts! They are dangerous! The head of the seatpost wont stay adjusted. My local shop is scraping all of the aluminum Giant Posts that are coming on the bikes. From the looks of that carbon post the , the desgn is indentical. My buddy's moved on him every time he sat his ass on it. I'm not sure why they just don't spec Thomson's on all the high end Giant bikes.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Giant solved this problem, already. You just add one washer and it's OK. But, I agree, Thomson style s-post head is much safer.

PaulHaines

Chimp
Apr 19, 2010
Well I had the Totem from my previous bike, a ReignX1. Turns out the Totem works great with the Glory, making a very light and agile DH build. I don't drop off cliffs or jump road gaps, so its well within the capabilities of the Totem!:D

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I agree with Paul. Totem holds up pretty well, here in Alpe d'Huez ;) My plastic pedals are still in one piece ;) Ashima style rotors work well, too but rims are getting pretty hard beating ;) Fortunately they cost me 12eur/each :D
Concerning the fork, a plan to get 2011 Boxxer Team and convert it to 2011 WC :) as a 2nd fork :)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
So, long awaited day has finally came... my 2013 Glory S frame has arrived :)
It's about 120g heavier than 2010 frame.

I am going to rebuild the bike, today.

Future upgrades will hopefully be:
CC DBair, once version for Glory 2010+ be available
Wheels upgrades with WTB Frequency i23 rims and Sapim CX-Ray spokes
Spank Spike Race Stem 25mm black.

Complete bike should be around 14,5kg (tad below 32lbs)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
So, I've just finished rebuilding the bike :)
There was slight problem with headset, one part was missing, but it's done :)

Surprisingly, even though, the frame is rad heavier, the bike is still 14,82kg :) Or maybe my scale broke down and doesn't show anything else!? :D

Some numbers:
wheel base: ca. 1170mm
BB height: 345mm
TT horizontal: ~555-560mm

Last edited:

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Looking rad man, nice build :thumb: So being a '13 frame, stock HA with a dc fork is 63.5 deg correct? Reckon with a 180 fork, should still be in the 63.5-64 range.

This is my V10 with the same-ish build :D

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Frankly speaking, I preferred 2010 and 2011 color&graphics, but this build looks better than I feared.
It would look better with black fork lowers, but it would be just spending money I don't have :D
boylagz, thx :) Your bike is awesome, too :)
Axle-to-crown height of a 180mm SC fork is just the same as 200mm DC fork in lowest position of clamps. I don't know how Giant measured new bike/frame.