Quantcast

New Atomlab Trailking Frames

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
That frame looks really really cool. I'm interested.

Interesting idea on the fork. I dunno how I trust a non-suspension company with a fork, but it looks pretty cool. I do like the idea of a hardcore street/dj company making a fork for the riding they do.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
hmm bard and i talked about doing that exact same type of fork around thansgiving of last year. wouldnt be bad at all, just slap some mcu's in there and its good to go. if you want stiff suspension fo0r street that barely budges mcu's are great, cheap and easy to do

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I wonder what that fork weighs...?
It's kinda funky looking, but that could be quickly overlooked after performance is proven. What I really don't like is the stanchions being so close to the sharp, jagged concrete ledges... but I suppose for park it would be fine...

And I wonder if that's one of the new rim color choices? I think he kinda missed the "white bus" but I know awhile ago he was buggin Eric over at Deity about doing some white rims... hopefully that wasn't classified info, I can never tell....

May 2, 2007
That is a rad looking frame. I love the higher BB. That fork is pretty dope, too... I need one of those.
J,
You know how they are measuring the stays ?
I looked on the website and after seeing the new '' box '' yoke I don't get it.
Thanks in advance,
Rick.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I remember hearing something about how there was a mistake made on the first production run of Trailkings and they were made longer than they were supposed to be. So, I would believe the 23.5 on the Atomlab site. Maybe 22.8 is what they were supposed to be. Just speculation, I don't really know, but I did hear something like that.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I remember hearing something about how there was a mistake made on the first production run of Trailkings and they were made longer than they were supposed to be. So, I would believe the 23.5 on the Atomlab site. Maybe 22.8 is what they were supposed to be. Just speculation, I don't really know, but I did hear something like that.
:disgust1:That kinda gives me a lot of...trust in atomlabs product now...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/FR/FRFR/AL/AL9751?page=1#AL9751

Atomlab Trailking Frame
--A 26" frame that handles like a 20", ideal for Jump, Park or Pump Track
--Bottom bracket box-gusset and contoured seat tube allow for shortest possible stays
--4130 butted, gusseted CrMo tubing with 135mm OLD horizontal dropouts
--Integrated headset (41mmx45deg) sold separately
--English threaded BB (no ISCG chain guide mount)
--International Standard 51mm disc mount. 5.2lbs

top tube 22.8"
chainstay 14.5-15.5"
head angle 69
seat angle 70
headset 1 1/8" integrated
bottom bracket 68 mm
seatpost 26.6mm
front derail 28.6mm

- Why do yall think they used English bb instead of Euro, Spanish, etc. ? Is that an issue with running BMX Profiles ?

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA

Atomlab Trailking Frame
--A 26" frame that handles like a 20", ideal for Jump, Park or Pump Track
--Bottom bracket box-gusset and contoured seat tube allow for shortest possible stays
--4130 butted, gusseted CrMo tubing with 135mm OLD horizontal dropouts
--Integrated headset (41mmx45deg) sold separately
--English threaded BB (no ISCG chain guide mount)
--International Standard 51mm disc mount. 5.2lbs

top tube 22.8"
chainstay 14.5-15.5"
head angle 69
seat angle 70
headset 1 1/8" integrated
bottom bracket 68 mm
seatpost 26.6mm
front derail 28.6mm

- Why do yall think they used English bb instead of Euro, Spanish, etc. ? Is that an issue with running BMX Profiles ?
Could possibly be achieving a bit more space between the crank arms? I'm just throwing that out there, I really have no knowledge of any spanish/mid BB's

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
English refers to the thread pitch. In the roadie/MTB world, The primary BB's are english (68mm and 73mm shell lengths) and Italian(70mm shell). Both are "euro" bb's...

haapf

Chimp
May 21, 2008
i noticed that the BTI website lists the TT length as being 22.8" for the Trailking.

but the Atomlab website says 23.5". do you think they changed it, or have two available, or are they just measuring it differently (like not center-to-center)

I am not sure of the current production run, but back in November to January ish, the regular Trailkings had a 22.8 TT. They also did a small production run of Long TT trailkings. I got one I am building up right now. Oddly, it also has Pimp2 decals on it...definately trailking geometry though.