Quantcast

New bike for my son

My son has a POS FS mountain bike that his dad bought him several years ago. Not only is it a crap bike, it is too small for him. I had him sized and they put him on a small Cannondale F7 disc. I'm really wanting to get him that bike for Christmas but I am wondering if the huge overall quality improvement would be enough to offset him going back to a hardtail after riding FS. Thoughts/opinions?

TrailMonkey

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
What are his riding habits now and do they justify full suspension?
And if you're waiting until Christmas I would shop around first.

IrOn_MaN

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
Wisconsin
stick with a hardtail, it will teach him to be a better rider, thats why only the baddest mofos can use rigid ss 29ers cause they are the best riders

Thanks for the input. I'm really wanting to buy from the LBS down the street from my house both for convenience and they are a great bunch. They carry Yeti, Trek, Cannondale, Gary Fisher... I'll have him try those...

zolo

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
im looking for a bike but im very small im 4'7 or so and i need a new bike im on a next currently i no they r pretty bad but im looking to ride for bmx flatland but im also very light as in 75 to 80 pounds so i was wondering any recommendations in good flatland bike that i could use in a starter cuz i can almost get into a fire hyrdant but that bike i can't hold in the right spot cuz it is pretty heavy for my size

TrailMonkey

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
Thanks for the input. I'm really wanting to buy from the LBS down the street from my house both for convenience and they are a great bunch. They carry Yeti, Trek, Cannondale, Gary Fisher... I'll have him try those...
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mountain_bikes.htm
For some reason I'm not a fan of these bikes but a lot of people talk very highly of them.
Great components for the price.
Anyone else here know much about these bikes?