Quantcast

New bike

May 2, 2006
on my bike...
I just got a full suspension bike (kona stinky 2002) now and I love it. I had been missing soo much when I had a hardtail. Heres some pics of the bike. Most of the parts on the bike are new, hayes nines, raceface prodigy DH cranks, Fox vanilla RC, and a new FSA headset. The only older things on the bike is the frame and the 03' monster T.

Attachments

Sep 17, 2006
I bought the bike I have now as a used comlete bike and it came with monsters. The weight has not affected how the bike jumps in any way, the whole thing about having monsters pull your front end down is a lie. Has anyone ever tried dropping something light like a penny and something heavy like a dumbbell at the same time and noticed they both touch the ground at the same time. Same thing with the monsters, your front end will stay at the same height in comparison with any other fork out there.

Where the difference is made is what your compression and rebound settings are, which can alter how the bike balances out in the air. The only time you'll notice the weight of the monsters is when pedaling, trying to manual, or throwing your bike side to side (like you would through an s-turn. Not the same with whips...). Obviously it makes your bike harder to lift into the back of a truck, but that wasn't the queston.

May 2, 2006
on my bike...
yeah, monster T is just like any other fork in the air. I really cant tell a difference. I think I am gonna keep the monster for now. I might trade it for a single crown high travel fork later.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
The monster is one of the plushest forks out there! I had one on my 04 Stinky for about 6 months and decided it was way too much fork for me after killing 2 headsets from all the stiffness the fork had to offer.

I didn't notice any dive in the front end of mine when I was in the air either. But those forks will clank like no get out if you don't run 15wt oil in the rebound side.

It would top out like crazy until I ran heavy oil in it. The first time I went off a drop with the stock oil, it did drop a little nose heavy. But it wasn't because of the weight, it was because of the topout.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
sweet bike, i have an 06 stinky, and although the geo as changed alot since 02, I have always reall digged the stinky through the years. A really cool bike! :cheers:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
After looking at the picks it looks like you have the Monster T2 with SSV valving.Not the hscv moto cartridge in the other Monster T. The polished crowns give it away. It still looks like a nice bike though.