Quantcast

New DH whip in progress

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
nice!Im loving the black on the frame! sweeet! The chainstay looks insanely long without the tires on the frame though, tell us how she rides once you finish the build

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
You're going to love that frame. I can't stop talking about mine or riding it. Best DH rig that I have owned so far.

Can't wait to see full build pics.

Congrats!

ekripper

Chimp
Jul 2, 2005
Salt Lake City, Utah
You're going to love that frame. I can't stop talking about mine or riding it. Best DH rig that I have owned so far.

Can't wait to see full build pics.

Congrats!
The few people that have any time on them say they love em. I'm really surprised there isn't really more talk of them on the forums, but I suppose it's still too early in the season for many to have time on theirs. I've been off the DH bikes for a couple of years so the last bikes I'll have to compare it to will be my old ASX and most recently I had a very nicely built demo 8. That bike was nice but felt very long. The geo on the 303r seems like it will be spot on.

ekripper

Chimp
Jul 2, 2005
Salt Lake City, Utah
That thing looks sick! Can't wait to see it all built up as soon as we get those parts in for you!
aj...hopefully by this fri. all the parts will be in and I can bring it in for final adjustments. We'll have to hit Bountiful in a week or so for some riding and I'll let you hammer it bit to see what you think.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
The few people that have any time on them say they love em. I'm really surprised there isn't really more talk of them on the forums,
The revolt and the frames and parts that won't come out for at least another year usually clog RM. If it is already out and a few choice people on this forum don't talk about it, then for some reason something isn't cool enough or, "so 15 minutes ago".

Pretty pathetic but welcome to ridemonkey!

It's a sick frame for sure. I have had about 75 hours so far on it of all types of terrain, XC, DH, shuttles, long runs, 30 sec runs, etc and so far so good. Platty will probably be the first race on the frame. I will have a ride report after platty and massanutten.

ekripper

Chimp
Jul 2, 2005
Salt Lake City, Utah
I am riding about 33% sag right now due to the titanium spring but I actually like it better that way.
What's your weight and spring weight if you don't mind me asking? I'm 175lbs and I think I may have to go with a 350lb spring to get the proper sag. We'll see how it all shakes out when I get it finished.

cogs

Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
I have one in-route right now.. I am in the 180-185 range.... Any idea on spring weight?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
What's your weight and spring weight if you don't mind me asking? I'm 175lbs and I think I may have to go with a 350lb spring to get the proper sag. We'll see how it all shakes out when I get it finished.
190 right now. Running a 350# obtainium Ti spring. Should be back down to 175 in a few months now that I am healthy and able to do more than sit on a couch and sleep. 350 Ti for me at 175 is perfect for what I like.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
i am 215 and w/ the 450 spring, am only getting 30% or so unless i turn off the vivid's compression. w./ the stock DHX i was getting 35% w/ a 400.