Quantcast

New Granny Gear 24 Hour race

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I read that Laird and Granny Gear Productions are starting a point series for 24 Hour races in 2003. Supposedly Rishi Grewal is making this his focus.

Also, the last part of April there will be a new race - 24 Hours of Temecula...just north of San Diego about and hour. Hmmmmm, interesting.

BrickTop

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
Durango, CO
Hmmmmmmmm, very interesting. I plan to do a few solo 24 Hour races this next year and having another one local (Idyllwild as well) helps immensely. Thanks for the info.

:D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by BrickTop
Hmmmmmmmm, very interesting. I plan to do a few solo 24 Hour races this next year and having another one local (Idyllwild as well) helps immensely. Thanks for the info.

:D
I only wonder what the course will be. There is a riding area, I think it's called Vail Lake or something off the 79. There has been a regular race there before and there is a campground right there too.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Very minimal climbing, some very fast descents on bumpy fireroad and no shade whatsoever. 7.5 mile loop as I recall.

:blah:
Sounds pretty good for a solo attempt.

monkeywrench

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
San Diego
Somebody say solo? They do have one particularly nasty climb that they can throw in, but probably not. They dropped it from the course after the 1st race.

It's a good series to race for the pre-season and it's close to home.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What's the proposed date of this race? Where did you see the news?
It was in my VeloNews magazine that I get. I'll have to check the exact date though I thought it was March 22/23.