Quantcast

New Nike sports bra

Cupcake

Chimp
Aug 14, 2006
Hello all....I just invested in the new Nike Revolutionary sports bra.
Has anyone tried this one yet? I've been using really crappy ones since I've been riding the mountain, but have started noticing way too much movement so I thought I should reconsider the kind I was using.

Anyone have a favorite kind for a medium cup size?

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
eh...I'm kind of keen on whatever is cheap and can be bought with my modest grad student dinero. I did just find a few nike ones on sale for $10 and thought it was a fantastic investment, though I don't know if it was a Revolutionary one.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I tried the Victoria Secret ones and wasn't impressed (thank god I got them on sale). I have a couple of Nike ones that I really like but I don't think they're the revolution either?

Y

yadadada

Well I've never been one to spend a ton on sports bras since they never seem to work well, since I have D cups. I have a few that I bought in middle/high school, and a few others that I have accumulated since then. The best ones I have found are EMS and Under Armour. The EMS one I got about 2 years ago and it's great because it's tight but it's not racerback style, so it doesn't pull or leave marks on my shoulders. The Under Armour one I found at Dicks, and it's a typical sports bra, but it had the normal bra clips on the back too. I dont kow what it was called though. Being a D cup, I usually double up a sports bra over an old regular bra for extra support since I've yet to find anything that really minimizes movement.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I like Champion sports bra's. But I haven't found one that really supports me well, so I have to wear 2 while I'm running and 1 while I'm riding.

Cupcake

Chimp
Aug 14, 2006
I got totally obsessed :clue: with being sure that the Nike revolutionary was worth it. Luckily I ran out of time to change my mind before Platty and just had to go with it. It's funny that many are mentioned doubling-up because that's exactly what I ending up doing, thinking that was an odd thing to do. It worked very well. The only issue with the new nike sports bra (see: http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml#l=nikestore,grid,_pdp,cid-1/gid-97457/pid-97455,_grid,f-10001+12002+4294967223/pn-1&re=US&co=US&la=EN) is that I find there's great support along the edges, but the tips are almost handing in the wind (I might be on the verge of a C cup—I'm suffering a little denial about it). But there's alot of adjustability: shoulders, waist band, and center strap. Maybe it would have been a little better to be a racer back. In any event, a tank racerback style worked fine over the top. Supposedly it's rated max support for b-d or something. I'd say it's a pretty sweet sports bra. The most irritating thing is that Nike doesn't have any info about fitting other than listing sizes. I even tried googling to see how general fits should be—i.e. is it bad to have armpits kinda popping over the edge?
Also, I don't know if any of you have noticed that while using the one lump sports bra, movement from side to side (this is what spawned my search)—if so, the Revolutionary is a good solution to that.

Thanks for all the help!