Quantcast

New paint on my daily driver

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
So I got bored with black, and I wanted some flash. So I decided on ocean breeze blue. I ride this bike every day to work and back, so it sees alot of action, about 60 miles a week.

07 p1. I cut the brake brace out, ground of the welded on s on the head tube, and shaved the derr guides, and the seat tube has been cut about flush. Still a tank but a bit lighter. Float 100rl, outlaws, saints, holy rollers, bb7.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
i was thinking of cutting my seat tube down too. is there any tips? i was wondering about the slit in the tube where the clamp goes on....will the seat clamp still hold if i cut past that?

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
i was thinking of cutting my seat tube down too. is there any tips? i was wondering about the slit in the tube where the clamp goes on....will the seat clamp still hold if i cut past that?
I just measured from the welds up the thickness of my seat clamp and cut it there. Then I drilled a hole and inch down and cut a new slot. Took all of about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the replies. I have a pretty nice road bike to ride to work but I hit up the bmx track on my way home most days. I havent weighed it recently but with hussfelt cranks and metal pedals it was a hair over 29.

16v

Chimp
Oct 7, 2009
damn, i could never commute on a dirtjumper. It's half a mile from my apartment to work at the bike shop, and it gets annoying riding my dirtjumper there

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
To some 12 year old on pinkbike.com This could pass off as a sweet urban assault/DJ bike. It would get all the faves....
Well, that's because it IS a sweet ride, regardless of how old you are. It's not the most trendy frame out there, but it'll get 'er done just fine. 'Course half the kids on PinkBike would hate on it anyway since it isn't brakeless, doesn't have compact gearing, and doesn't have 30" wide low rise bars...

I say F@CK THEM! Nice paint! haha

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Well, that's because it IS a sweet ride, regardless of how old you are. It's not the most trendy frame out there, but it'll get 'er done just fine. 'Course half the kids on PinkBike would hate on it anyway since it isn't brakeless, doesn't have compact gearing, and doesn't have 30" wide low rise bars...

I say F@CK THEM! Nice paint! haha
Amen! It doesn't happen just on PB, here in Argentina we are getting hit by the nobrakessinglespeedbmxgearing fundamentalists! And I LUV my gears!!!!

Now, on the matter that err... matters in this thread, Kudos to freeridefool for the paintjob!

Last edited: