Quantcast

New Police Strategy (and tazings, too!)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I certainly feel safer knowing these gentlemen are upholding law and order.

On your side of the pond...

:D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So how many more of these stories do we need for everyone to finally believe that scuz-ball cops are the rule, rahter than the exception?
Listen goddamit, these are among the finest men on earth. Not only must they attain an entire high school diploma in most cases, but they also have to work through a rigorous 8 week class and meet minimal physical fitness standards. Id like to see some of you college faggots try that.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
So how many more of these stories do we need for everyone to finally believe that scuz-ball cops are the rule, rahter than the exception?
May I recommend a trip to Mexico to restore some perspective?

Prevelant? Yes. A problem? Yes. The rule? Perhaps a bit sensationalist.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, we really don't have all that bad.

Power corrupts. I'd bet there are a larger percentage of crooked CEOs than COPs.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Listen goddamit, these are among the finest men on earth. Not only must they attain an entire high school diploma in most cases, but they also have to work through a rigorous 8 week class and meet minimal physical fitness standards. Id like to see some of you college faggots try that.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit in a car and have a conversation across driver's side doors with another cop for, like, 8 hours in the blazing A/C, pretending you're doing something useful? I'd go ****ing bonkers if I had to converse with one of those guys for that long. The mental stamina is off the charts.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit in a car and have a conversation across driver's side doors with another cop for, like, 8 hours in the blazing A/C, pretending you're doing something useful? I'd go ****ing bonkers if I had to converse with one of those guys for that long. The mental stamina is off the charts.

JayBear

Monkey
Is it
A) your a D bag before you go into the academy
B) They teach you to be a D bag in the Academy
C) You turn into a D bag from watching and learning from your co workers ?

They TAZERED a man who was on the ground face down.

Bad cops..No donut..

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Is it
A) your a D bag before you go into the academy
B) They teach you to be a D bag in the Academy
C) You turn into a D bag from watching and learning from your co workers ?
I think generally cops enter the program with high ideals and all that...
and then they have to deal with all the carp that they do...
and it wears them down...
and the next thing you know...
they are shooting people in the back (taser or otherwise) and kicking them in the head.

It's unfortunate how it seems to work out that way.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
this guy survived......despite being a cvnt about it.
I will say that my experience in Boston absolutely corroborates that while they brand and fancy themselves as socially liberal, the reality is that Massachussetts is highly insulated, highly segregated, and extraordinarily racially and socially conservative in practice.

If this happened in NY, I'd bet Gates was just being a loud dick and looking for trouble once the cops showed up. In Boston, I'd bet he was unfairly profiled by both his neighbors and the police.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
this guy survived......despite being a cvnt about it.
Yeah, he was being rather unpleasant.

Funny how a well-known Harvard professor might not want be bothered by the cops...

You should talk any black guy right after they been rousted by the cops (and every black guy has a story). It can be surprisingly uncomfortable, especially with the professional and suburbanite African Americans.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Police and Professor Gates offered different accounts of what happened when officers arrived. According to Professor Ogletree, Professor Gates said he showed the responding officer, Sgt. James Crowley, photo identification, but he did not believe Professor Gates lived at the home. Frustrated, Professor Gates asked for Sgt. Crowley’s name and badge number, which he refused to give. Professor Gates was arrested on his front porch, where several other officers were standing.

Police said Professor Gates refused to show identification. When told that Sgt. Crowley was investigating a robbery, the police said Professor Gates yelled, “Why because I’m a black man in America?’ and accused the sergent of racism. The police report said Professor Gates followed the officer outside, yelled at him and was arrested for disorderly conduct.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/us/22gates.html?ref=us

BTW, I'm inclined to believe the police.

First of all, while would a police officer refuse to give his name and badge number, considering it is pinned to his lapel?

Second, I'm sure the Cambridge police are used to dealing with primadonnas of all races, from bratty co-eds to famous professors, and I can't believe that several cops would decide to get all up in Gates' face knowing that this could easily blow up in theirs.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I will say that my experience in Boston absolutely corroborates that while they brand and fancy themselves as socially liberal, the reality is that Massachussetts is highly insulated, highly segregated, and extraordinarily racially and socially conservative in practice.

If this happened in NY, I'd bet Gates was just being a loud dick and looking for trouble once the cops showed up. In Boston, I'd bet he was unfairly profiled by both his neighbors and the police.
Exactly, he was a black guy in a nice neighborhood. Clearly mischief was afoot. Couldn't possibly be any way he actually owned the house. :rolleyes:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/us/22gates.html?ref=us

BTW, I'm inclined to believe the police.

First of all, while would a police officer refuse to give his name and badge number, considering it is pinned to his lapel?

Second, I'm sure the Cambridge police are used to dealing with primadonnas of all races, from bratty co-eds to famous professors, and I can't believe that several cops would decide to get all up in Gates' face knowing that this could easily blow up in theirs.
Word.

I live right next door in Somerville, and I'm 99% certain that you hit the nail on the head here.