saint drivetrain with XT chain
Gustavs
Minion DHF tubeless
twenty6 stem
Sunline bars
King headset
funn DH seat
Swinger 6 way stock shock

Big thanks to Diablo for all the parts and money to build it, thanks to Team Speedh for the brakes.

sorry pics kinda suck, not sure how this formatting interweb stuff works

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!

04 Demo 9 DH medium
09 Fox 40 (#0001)
Blue/Red/Chrome industry nine to 823
New LG1
saint drivetrain with XT chain
Gustavs
Minion DHF tubeless
twenty6 stem
Sunline bars
King headset
funn DH seat
Swinger 6 way stock shock

Big thanks to Diablo for all the parts and money to build it, thanks to Team Speedh for the brakes.

sorry pics kinda suck, not sure how this formatting interweb stuff works
i thought you were "sponsored" by canfield?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i thought you were "sponsored" by canfield?
yes, is that a problem? tad cheaper to buy a demo 9 than a canfield, even with sponsor discount, i also go for a bike i can beat on daily and not exactly have to worry-whats burlier than a demo 9

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i dunno, maybe a canfield?

Also, most companies have clauses in their contracts that allow them to pull your sponsorship if you race another co's bike.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
but.... how does your sponsor feel about you riding a "burlier" bike then theirs? is the canfield not strong enough for daily riding? or is it FRO?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
but.... how does your sponsor feel about you riding a "burlier" bike then theirs? is the canfield not strong enough for daily riding? or is it FRO?
In my case id call it FRO, im 190 nd i tend to break alot of stuff, you were at the diablo races, i raced the Jedi every single race both DH and slalom, the demos kinda ride like ****. (they were designed for freeride) I had the "choice" to ride a yeti or demo 9 through the whole season for races, not only do i like the jedi more but its WAY lighter. (10.5 with shock pound frame) as opposed to 13 without. sponsor discount on the jedi was significantly more than 5 year old discount and shop discount on a demo 9. Not everybody gets their bikes for free.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
190 on a canfield and you're worried about it? Puh-leez. I used to ride with a dude who was 230 and slammed through sh*t, and never had a single issue with his canfield.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This is true, but openly riding another company's frame isn't exactly how you build a long term relationship with a company, or even move up to a higher level of sponsorship.
They do know i have a demo and yeti, they also agree with my previous statements that they dont nearly compare. I wont every be totally factory PRO anything because realistically, im not sam hill, i wont be sam hill, id rather not be sam hill. I have a grassroots sponsorship with them and i race their bike every race and still ride it 2-3 times a week besides that.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
190 on a canfield and you're worried about it? Puh-leez. I used to ride with a dude who was 230 and slammed through sh*t, and never had a single issue with his canfield.
and the frame isnt my problem, i have a problem with blowing **** up last practice run. i got stuck paying for more last second parts than id like to own up for at races, i figure this is a beefy burly bike i can beat on and not worry about my last practice run.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and the frame isnt my problem, i have a problem with blowing **** up last practice run. i got stuck paying for more last second parts than id like to own up for at races, i figure this is a beefy burly bike i can beat on and not worry about my last practice run.
Is it the frame you are having issues with or other parts (deraillers, rims, rotors, etc)?

Also, something I have learned over the years... when you can get deals, stock up on the expendables (deraillers, brake pads, rotors, tires, tubes) and carry them with you in your race toolkit. That way you won't have to scrounge for someone who has it in the pits at the last second.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Is it the frame you are having issues with or other parts (deraillers, rims, rotors, etc)?

Also, something I have learned over the years... when you can get deals, stock up on the expendables (deraillers, brake pads, rotors, tires, tubes) and carry them with you in your race toolkit. That way you won't have to scrounge for someone who has it in the pits at the last second.
I havent EVER had a problem with the frame, and i do not expect to, i have noticed however(and could be just my luck) that whenever i ride the demo 9(or other) the parts tend to break when i dont have to worry about it. The jedi i have has a slightly* lighter racier build to it than the demo 9. Its the same kinda principal as people that race cars, You dont see monster trucks and nascars on the street, i try to save the race bike for the races.

*same day as race blown up parts this year*
2 brakes
3 rims(1 demolished)
2 derailurs
1 pedal
1 chain
Pads(rode them anyway)

i am venturing a guess that if i did not ride the bike 4X a week the parts would have lasted longer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Part of it is the difference in ride characteristics of the 2 frames in question. Canfields are more of a nimble "have to pick your line" bike, where as the demo is more of a plow bike.

I'd recommend taking up another form of riding to help hone your handling abilities. BMX and trials are 2 that have helped me a lot. BMX is good b/c its cheap, and there are some indoor parks in the jersey area so you can do it during the offseason.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
so your gonna practice on one bike and than race on a total different rig?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so your gonna practice on one bike and than race on a total different rig?
nah, (or at least not plan to) i figure i can beat on this during the weekdays, nd race on the canfield. Jonkranked-hard tail street and JD count? ive been dirt jumping forever, and id like to say im pretty smooth on a DH course(esp compared to a few years ago) Ive been told the problem isnt lines as much as "floating" ill take the same lines as most nd usually the smoother ones, but ill be that guy walking the bike down from a hole punched rim at 45PSI.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I dont' see why everyone's giving this dude a hard time for building up a demo. Maybe he got a sponsorship deal and is racing a different frame. You guys can't tell me that nearly every guy on the monkey wouldn't build up more than one dh frame if they had a chance.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I dont' see why everyone's giving this dude a hard time for building up a demo. Maybe he got a sponsorship deal and is racing a different frame. You guys can't tell me that nearly every guy on the monkey wouldn't build up more than one dh frame if they had a chance.
well from what i remember he has a yeti, 2 demos? a red one and this one, and a canfield, not sure why you need 4 DH bikes!

im not jealous he has all these bikes at all. but id like to know what mommy and daddy for a living.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
well from what i remember he has a yeti, 2 demos? a red one and this one, and a canfield, not sure why you need 4 DH bikes!

im not jealous he has all these bikes at all. but id like to know what mommy and daddy for a living.
I'll give you that.

Some times I wish I had a few more dh bikes though, so my friends who don't have bikes could hang out with me on saturdays :D

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Jedi is def. not FRO, IMO. lol <==== I laughed at myself there

The jedi floats without really having to try, I can only imagine how much faster I'll be once I learn how to ride "properly"

Can't wait for next years Platte season. I'm gonna try to take home Cat2 for the series.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
red is for sale and as stated 100 times its durable and cheap, any real reason y you and yuroshek are flaming me, not good behavior for a factory sponsored rider? :think:
Nah man I was just giving you a hard time, no harm meant. :D

BTW I'm definitely no factory sponsored rider (though I know yuroshek is)!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Jedi is def. not FRO, IMO. lol <==== I laughed at myself there

The jedi floats without really having to try, I can only imagine how much faster I'll be once I learn how to ride "properly"

Can't wait for next years Platte season. I'm gonna try to take home Cat2 for the series.
read the rest of the forum, never said the frame had anything to do with it