Quantcast

NEW to NYC (FR & DH)

dedwards225

Chimp
Jun 11, 2006
Brooklyn
Recently moved to NY from the Seattle area, just put together my new ride for the season and need to ride! Other than Diablo does anyone know of any Freeriding/DH runs nearby? (via train or drive up to about an hour and a half) I do have a car with a rack but left my shuttle truck back on the west coast. Can help pay for the gas if anyone knows where the good shuttle runs are...btw..checking out Diablo this weekend- I hear its the whistler of the east coast..any comments?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Plattekill is probably over 2 hours out of the city but it is another option. Go to hcor.net if you haven't already. That board is mostly east coast riders with many of them in Jersey.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Mike B. said:
Plattekill is probably over 2 hours out of the city but it is another option. Go to hcor.net if you haven't already. That board is mostly east coast riders with many of them in Jersey.
Platty is about 3 hours when you factor in traffic. There are some closer shuttle/hike and ride runs, but during the season, most of the city riders hit Diablo or Platty. For the other shuttles, like all good trails, you're going to have to know and meet people before they share the goods.

In the city, check out our site- nycmtb.com - and brooklynbikeriders.com for rides...

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
I did the exact opposite move...sent you a PM with stuff. The guys at the shop I mentioned, especially Ian, know some great stuff in the bronx and Jersey that is pretty close

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
this is why i want to make mtbdirectory.tk it will give new riders, a place to look and go..anyways, pm me if you want directions to some trails.

dedwards225

Chimp
Jun 11, 2006
Brooklyn
bockner said:
I did the exact opposite move...sent you a PM with stuff. The guys at the shop I mentioned, especially Ian, know some great stuff in the bronx and Jersey that is pretty close
Lucky Bastard! How long have you been there? Bellevue..your close to exit 38 and the watershed, good local stuff there! Of course whistler is a short 3 hours away if your haulin'! Look up Holliswood on ridemonkey, he's a good friend of mine (as well as a local Pro who can show you the goods!) Him and the local crew are a great bunch of guys.

I've been to Diablo, small but none the less..super fun! You'll definetly get spoiled being so close to Vancouver and the surrounding areas...