+++++Updates below+++++
Hi Scott,

Here's what we've released so far....

Travel: 5.5"
Geo: HA 67 degree (6" fork), ST 15" all sizes, 3 sizes, BB height
13.75", CS length: 16.8"

We are targeting availability in early july and price will likely be
between the DirtBag and Gran Mal.

Stay tuned to our website for more details soon.

Cheers,
-Kyle

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
That is a great lookin' ride. Just when you think you have enough bikes from Transition, they come out with a new one. This may go right in between my Dirtbag and my Vagrant!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...those links look nice and beefy - I dig it.

EDIT: BTW - is that one of the new 60a Maxxis tires w/o the stupid orange stripe on the front wheel?

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia

"We recently got the prototypes in for our new bike called the BottleRocket. We designed this bike because of the new progression of trail building and bike parks. Freeride trail building is seeing a new trend. The new evolution of trails are starting to look more like slopestyle bike parks with wall rides, big gap doubles, hips and berms that rely on flow. For this reason most large travel freeride bikes are totally overkill, end up slowing you down and don't have the right geometry. The BottleRocket has 5.5" of rear travel, short chain stays, short 15" seat tubes for all sizes, low bottom bracket and super sloped top tube. This all adds up to a very quick and responsive frame that can soak up large hits and allow you to rail berms without losing speed."
"Last year at the Crankworx Slopestyle competition we saw a ton of pros running short travel bikes with single crown forks. Instead of taking an all mountain bike with less travel and calling it a slopestyle bike we started from scratch. The BottleRocket is extremely versatile and makes a great trail bike as well as slopestyle duties."

-Transition Blog

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
he didn't tell me about this frame when I bought a Preston last week. I'm with Dirtbag, I want one of each. The whole Transition line is hot.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
I hate this new air shock trend.
I will second that. I am not a big fan of air anything - except jumps. I do not own an air shock or fork and I never will.

Now as far as the bottlerocket is concerned, that is a sweet ride. I don't know if I can justify another bike though. Already have a Demo-9, Dirtbag, Vagrant, XC and 2 BMX bikes. Sheesh.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
I love this new slopestyle bike trend.

I hate this new air shock trend.
Ditto on that one, although my trail bike does have air shocks. For jumping and stuff, air shocks IMO blow.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
©2001 said:
i'll take "Transition is on point with this bike" for $500 please, Alex.
daily double.......I think the last bikes that got me as excited as these two were pdc's 825 and solaris.......check one and two for the little guys....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Holy crap, im looking at this new mountain cycle but nobody has a solid answer on it yet. I might have to get that bike if it becomes available first...

Does anyone have any idea on pricing?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Holy crap, im looking at this new mountain cycle but nobody has a solid answer on it yet. I might have to get that bike if it becomes available first...

Does anyone have any idea on pricing?
I would look into the transition..... From random postings here and on MTBR it sounds like MC wont be around too long...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
oly said:
I would look into the transition..... From random postings here and on MTBR it sounds like MC wont be around too long...
I really like the looks of the mc better, it looks a bit smaller travel too, this bike might be a bit bigger than i want to go at this point, hard to say without throwing a leg over it...

I keep hearing all these crazy MC rumors. What is the deal? I talked to them last week and nothing seamed arai...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My problem right now is that i need a bike basically yesterday... i cant wait for a company to decide when they want to put a bike up for sale that is already built, i dont get it...if the demand is there, get the frickin things out the door.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
yea looks really nice. I wonder what the HA & CS is ? I hope it's not too steep - 67 with a 6inch fork would be nice

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I really like the looks of the mc better, it looks a bit smaller travel too, this bike might be a bit bigger than i want to go at this point, hard to say without throwing a leg over it...

I keep hearing all these crazy MC rumors. What is the deal? I talked to them last week and nothing seamed arai...
Let me know as soon as you hear anything about the MC deal.

I like the Transition and it's swing link, but I'd prefer a shorter chainstay length. That's the problem with a low pivot, the tire swings forward toward the seat tube, so the rear end must be long enough for clearance. Shorter chainstays make the bike more agile and feel lighter.
A higher pivot point gives the axle a more vertical path and more tire clearance so a shorter rear end can be used.

The Transition looks like a better suited MTX bike than the MC Battery because it should have more stable handling.

SuperBad

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
manhattanprjkt83 said:
My problem right now is that i need a bike basically yesterday... i cant wait for a company to decide when they want to put a bike up for sale that is already built, i dont get it...if the demand is there, get the frickin things out the door.
Take a look at the Planet X Splitail. I have one and its a great bike. The smaller size is a 4-cross type bike, but the larger size is a great Short travel Freeride bike. It cost me just over a grand for the frame, fox DHX coil, and Pike 454 U-turn coil. http://zedsport.com/pages/mountain/planetx/splitail.htm

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
damn. i was just about to throw down some cash on another frame. this may have me holding my wad. i wanted a gran mal, but it was a bit too big. this may be the ticket.

by the way, anyone notice the slopestyle trend? anybody notice the fact that i got blasted for posting up questions last year looking for a bike that had a short, full length seattube, mid-length rear travel, and big hit toughness? revenge is mine!