Quantcast

New Transition TR450 Pics

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
the white one reminds me of the big hit grom!

I am glad they are trying on different colors vs the traditional solid PCs and anos. Its a hit or miss on colors and designs for sure as its too designer oriented vs the masses who have different taste!

Nice looking bikes definently and good for them for being different! :thumb:

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
The more I see of these bikes the more I like them, they are refreshingly simple a rare thing in the days of multiple linkage virtual pivot dual shock etc. Just a no nonsense low slack sleek racing machine.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
The more I see of these bikes the more I like them, they are refreshingly simple a rare thing in the days of multiple linkage virtual pivot dual shock etc. Just a no nonsense low slack sleek racing machine.
Quite agree!! Very nice to see...

Graphics look nice to me, bit different, but in a good way.. Good job graphic designer (or who ever) at Transition:thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
love the look of the frame, hate the paintjobs
with the exception of the white I agree, this will most likely be my bike for the 2011 season, sitting and waiting to see what happens with the colors...

I agree with all of your comments about simplicity, I hate complicated bikes, these are very refreshing.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
i actually felt the same about the paint jobs. I hated them, especially the red and the yellow and was planning on just taking it to the powder coater day one but i just put the fork up to mock it and i was kind of impressed. it turned out way better than i thought it would.it just seems to flow

Joss DeWaele

Chimp
Jan 30, 2004
The SLC
The last I saw, those frames were selling for $2399, but I haven't seen anything on frame weight yet. Has any one gotten a chance to put that frame on a scale?

And because it's winter, I have to post this as well:

http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/ventana-el-cuervo--13F50000-1116899930.jsp

Same angles, 9" of rear-wheel travel, elegant American manufacturing, and a $1295 price tag!!! It is simply the best deal in DH (Go ahead, post the Sette to argue with me). I know, I know, the El Cuervo has been out for many years, and it doesn't have the Bold New Graphics of the TR-450. Also, the El Cuervo is heavier than the TR-450. But look at the pivot locations of both bikes, and the linkages that drive the shock. Very similar. I imagine that Transition rides great, as the El Cuervo is still one of my favorite DH bikes, even though it has been around for five+ years. But is the Taiwanese-manufactured Transition worth the extra grand?

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
i must be the only one who likes the white/red white/yellow. I think the plain white is a bit to plain and its been done to death. The white headtube with the white crowns on the boxxer looks slick. It doesn't work aswell with the 40s.

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
Hate to be Debbie Downer but that thing just looks like a Wal Mart bike to me.
are you referring to the El Cuervo or the TR450?

I have to say that the El Cuervo cannot compete with the TR450 as far as aesthetics go.

I also like the retroness Yellow/White paint. :thumb::thumb:

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
The last I saw, those frames were selling for $2399, but I haven't seen anything on frame weight yet. Has any one gotten a chance to put that frame on a scale?

And because it's winter, I have to post this as well:

http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/ventana-el-cuervo--13F50000-1116899930.jsp

Same angles, 9" of rear-wheel travel, elegant American manufacturing, and a $1295 price tag!!! It is simply the best deal in DH (Go ahead, post the Sette to argue with me). I know, I know, the El Cuervo has been out for many years, and it doesn't have the Bold New Graphics of the TR-450. Also, the El Cuervo is heavier than the TR-450. But look at the pivot locations of both bikes, and the linkages that drive the shock. Very similar. I imagine that Transition rides great, as the El Cuervo is still one of my favorite DH bikes, even though it has been around for five+ years. But is the Taiwanese-manufactured Transition worth the extra grand?
maybe not, but it feels different. I've ridden both(built by you guys), and the transition feels smoother, My suspension isn’t even set up all the way and it feels so amazing. No brake jack, super neutral in the corners and it def accelerates out of corners, very nimble, center of gravity is way low, and the suspension feels amazing. So far it just feels absolutely flawless. Even on the ice it tracked the ground well and I went way faster than I thought I’d be able to in those conditions. It still jumps really well too, very stable in the air. Overall, I’ve never been more happy with a bike in my life.

a ton of people are looking at resale value. Most serious dh guys move their bikes after a season anyway. That ventana is going to get at most 700. That's almost a 50% depreciation. I feel the TR is going to still get 1700 at the end of the season, only a 30% depreciation. and it's all about the newest and greatest. i have sent people over to you guys though for a ventana...it's an amazing deal for an amazing bike

The reason i ride it even though i can can any number of bikes is because transition is just such an amazing company to work with. i get random texts from employees, they love it when people stop in to say what's up, and i'm just super impressed by their love and knowledge for mountain biking. it's def one of the tightest knit families in biking. transition is taking over utah and the world one bike at a time. you see people on the trails with a transition and you're instantly friends...it's pretty cool. once i graduate i'd like to work for a bike company, and it's going to be seriously hard to ride a different bike than a transition. it's nice to ride a bike with a soul

Last edited:
i must be the only one who likes the white/red white/yellow. I think the plain white is a bit to plain and its been done to death. The white headtube with the white crowns on the boxxer looks slick. It doesn't work aswell with the 40s.
I am with you. I was really unsure from the drawings, but seeing the real thing built up with the white forks looks nice. Its a race bike with a race paint set up.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Drop 'n Zone has a couple of large frames left. Give Chris a call there.
We have Large Yellow available for dealer orders right now. Otherwise there are all sizes/colors (except Medium White) available for dealer orders from the March/April arrival. But things have been going fast....

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
We have Large Yellow available for dealer orders right now. Otherwise there are all sizes/colors (except Medium White) available for dealer orders from the March/April arrival. But things have been going fast....
That's great. I'm stoked for you guys.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
And thanks to me, there's one less medium red one available....I think it should show up mid-March.