Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I remember one time in Colorado, when I forgot my gloves.

Man that sucked.

At least on the climb.

The DH was fun.

Like I was naked.

But I wasn't.

Too bad there aren't many girls in this sport

:D

My Haiku post of the year. Or is that a Jack Handy?

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
The gripping experiment goes on, these are promising.
What are those?

I just put some Lizard Skins Danny MacAskill push-on and they felt great for my non-gloveless riding lifestyle.
Before I had Shadow Conspiracy VVS grips which where very comfy but they keep turning and sliding slightly...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What are those?

I just put some Lizard Skins Danny MacAskill push-on and they felt great for my non-gloveless riding lifestyle.
Before I had Shadow Conspiracy VVS grips which where very comfy but they keep turning and sliding slightly...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What do you think about it. I've been chatting with Anthony about stuff off and on....been considering redoing the grip 2 just to play with it a bit..
He's a good guy, really cool guy...

Be curious to hear your thoughts on retune...
Will let you know, I had my suspension pretty stiff for the enduro race, still could have softened up the front, seemed to be better, but doing a longer ride today.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I swear it was like 50% humidity the other day when riding, it was like a sauna

:D
Man...I can't even...

You know what we deal with here.

Low humidity. Just one more thing I miss about (where I spent significant parts of my life) out west.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Man...I can't even...

You know what we deal with here.

Low humidity. Just one more thing I miss about (where I spent significant parts of my life) out west.
Hey, I had to wear knee warmers and a base layer under my jersey for my ride this morning!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What do you think about it. I've been chatting with Anthony about stuff off and on....been considering redoing the grip 2 just to play with it a bit..
He's a good guy, really cool guy...

Be curious to hear your thoughts on retune...
Gotta do some more testing. Think I was running too much rebound during most of the ride. When I backed off to about 6 clicks it seemed to do better, poppy and not packing. Above that, it was packing to various amounts depending on how much I was running. Ran some decent chunky stuff that would be encountered at a park. There is *something* that is much softer, even when running more rebound, which I would wager is the softer mid-valve spring. The new rebound stack is a little confusing though, I want to confirm with Diaz. They have to remove two shims, then install some combo of 2 to 4 of their shimz, depending on weight, but there are already a bunch of shimz there and it seems like it'd end up as a real heavy stack, so I want to confirm that's the way it should be. Still, was able to ride pretty damn hard with decent control.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah the wave rotor via galfer is $62 retail 223 and 203 2mm
Their shark is $164...lol I can buy a new brake for that cost...
just checked again, galfer doesn't list any rotors as officially supported for the a4, but the stock hayes rotors are 1.95mm and the galfers are 2.00. the extra .05 would probably make it a bit tight, but still functional.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Magura have a weird looking 220mm 2mm thick disc, it's $99 in Oz at full price so it should be a fair bit cheaper in the US-
1656333681378.png

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
just checked again, galfer doesn't list any rotors as officially supported for the a4, but the stock hayes rotors are 1.95mm and the galfers are 2.00. the extra .05 would probably make it a bit tight, but still functional.
How are you liking those brakes?
Buddy Jerry is rep for TRP he is trying to get me to run a set of their DH brakes...I trust what he says we go WAY back before any of this when he owned hippie tech so I'm inclined to try but we also go way back on this site several of us...so I take what we discuss on here between all of us as pretty reliable and solid info...