Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike is pretty much ready for the season, just need to swap brake pads and make sure everything actually works.

New Chinese chinesium cassette, shimano chain, steel race face ring and Zeb bolt on guard. Taking the weight penalty on the ring, in hopes that it helps everything last a little longer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:rofl: I'm all of 5'8, maybe... could use a longer dropper l, but that's where my legs fit. What I really need is a slightly bigger frame...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
No, you need moar. Doesn't look like your headset is actually preloaded.
I shan’t be allowing that to happen…. Again…. Turns out I did in fact need other thin spacer over the stem

This was definitely a “just slap it on” pic.

I should definitely steal back the top cap kaslx made for me!

My shock is being serviced, so will have to wait to see if my life has been dramatically improved. Stay tuned.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bike is pretty much ready for the season, just need to swap brake pads and make sure everything actually works.

New Chinese chinesium cassette, shimano chain, steel race face ring and Zeb bolt on guard. Taking the weight penalty on the ring, in hopes that it helps everything last a little longer.
Will that even work being made out of metal?

My Zeb came with it's own fender.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
The other fender is plastic and bolts to the arch of the fork. I find those plastic zip tie ones eventually scratch up the fork pretty good..
I always stick some (male) velcro pieces on my fork where the fender would touch, then stick the (female) velcro on the same spots on the fender so it doesn't move at all, then use small velcro straps to hold it there instead of zip ties. No scratches, no movement, no noise, everyone's happy.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I always stick some (male) velcro pieces on my fork where the fender would touch, then stick the (female) velcro on the same spots on the fender so it doesn't move at all, then use small velcro straps to hold it there instead of zip ties. No scratches, no movement, no noise, everyone's happy.
Or just tape. Same thing.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Replacing a 20yr old carbon fork with one from the local bicycle factory. Couldn’t be more pleased. Off to paint this weekend.

89A60370-4D13-43B7-A183-BA09ECE6E4BC.jpeg

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You have an upgrade or two.. A little confused on the bike bag on a dj?
I wondered about that. Place to store:
- floatation for lake jumping
- dirt jump grooming tools, spade, toothbrush, etc
- lunch for the crew
- airbag deploys from here
- really didn’t want to wear a fanny pack
- no water bottle mounts, so this will have to do

tell us!