Quantcast

New Years Resolutions

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got last in class in English at High Scool, probably wasn't far behind in Computing Studies.

Plus, I'm tired as fuck so I tend to repeat words or leave important words out all together. Glad I'm not at work, dumb shit would be happening.
I am guessing you were first in hacksawing class.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I am guessing you were first in hacksawing class.
Nah, that came later in life, I owe that skill to the bike industry.
I think the first frame that saw a hacksaw was in about 2002, now I'm old so I use a grinder.
Cut my first Mini to bits with a grinder too.

Seems loads of people have gone for the usual fitness thing, the bike path was packed and there was a good number of riders behaving like absolute dicks, and cunts.
A few weeks ago an older gent was hit on the same path* and he has a bunch of injuries and no longer has the use of his legs.

*They aren't sure what the person that hit him was riding as they fled the scene.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I think I'm going to poach more trails on the eeb. This may not be a popular topic here :)

Meanwhile I "resolute" to figure out why my X2 sucks so bad when the going gets gnar on the Ripmo. The resolute was to buy an Ohlins TTX. Pulled the trigger this morning. Cross that one off the list!

Take the kid skiing more, mtb'ing more and golfing more. Oh and we're joining a rock climbing gym thing this year. Can't wait to get these office/keyboard hands some moar better strength!

:D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's pretty bad ass, I was only looking at ATV versions yesterday contemplating the future when our plow truck dies.
I'd already have one of they weren't so expensive. On big storm days parking lots get done last sometimes.

I don't know how much money you have but if you've got some big real estate to clear, nothing beats these things.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
“Calculating footage of four car driveway…calculating cost…DO WANT”

Seriously, though, a good Portion of my snow blowing is actually in my side yard, clearing a HUGE path to the shed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
“Calculating footage of four car driveway…calculating cost…DO WANT”

Seriously, though, a good Portion of my snow blowing is actually in my side yard, clearing a HUGE path to the shed.
Those holder setups are the shit. That hinged frame makes them really nimble. Overkill for most single houses but honestly not that expensive if you need one.

I'd have to buy a different truck if I wanted one of those truck mounted ones. And for that price you might as well look at one of those holders.

edit: LOL, I guess they're pretty expensive new

I've seen early 2000s and late 90s ones here for about 20k.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd already have one of they weren't so expensive. On big storm days parking lots get done last sometimes.

I don't know how much money you have but if you've got some big real estate to clear, nothing beats these things.

Our plow on an old 1998 GMC K2500 4x4 pickup gets used to clear about a mile of roads and a dozen or so short driveways. Got to be able to cope with some steepish sections though. The truck struggles to shed sticky heavy spring snow from the blade on the steeper uphill sections, even with chains.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Our plow on an old 1998 GMC K2500 4x4 pickup gets used to clear about a mile of roads and a dozen or so short driveways. Got to be able to cope with some steepish sections though. The truck struggles to shed sticky heavy spring snow from the blade on the steeper uphill sections, even with chains.
My man. A holder diesel may be right for you. Throw some chains on those tires and they're unstoppable.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder what would happen if you painted it with this stuff?

1672719274221.png

Never used it but have always been intrigued by it. I'm guessing it would help but wouldn't last very long.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I wonder what would happen if you painted it with this stuff?

View attachment 187174

Never used it but have always been intrigued by it. I'm guessing it would help but wouldn't last very long.

it works great......for about 8 minutes.

Turtle wax applied when warm/in the sun, left to sit overnight and setup, not ever buffed, works like a champ. Keeping things powdercoated goes a long way too.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
free range teflon-fed baby wax

be right back, gotta make millions.....

If I partner with comet ping pong I can throw in some pepperoni grease!

[coolstorybro]
I once published an investigation to the FDA arguing that small amounts of PTFE particles in IV medication was perfectly safe after random testing found a single 5 micron particle from a batch of 100,000 vials. The FDA's previous stand, at least with our product, was that zero particles were acceptable. However we used PTFE on wearable surfaces that had a known and accepted wear rate where all of the material was going to go into the product. It was an irrational policy as everyone knew PTFE was going into the product but simply ignored the fact with insufficient sampling. I argued that measured wear rates were the critical measurements and not the sampling. A sampling hit should simply be a trigger to additional monitoring of wear rates and not a rejection of a batch.

A foreign particle of PTFE would eventually get trapped in the really small capillaries in the lungs which essentially act as a filter for blood, where the capillary will seal off the particulate matter. It would take millions of particles to have any measurable impact on lung function. However the simple act of inserting a needle into a blood vessel injects a plug of skin/hair and other matter that can block larger more important capillaries in the body.

My company had been trying to get around this policy for 20 years with an army of chemical and bio-engineers but it took the Industrial Controls Engineer to make the successful argument. Sometimes being good at logic is more important that knowing the science.
[/coolstorybro]

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
[coolstorybro]
I once published an investigation to the FDA arguing that small amounts of PTFE particles in IV medication was perfectly safe after random testing found a single 5 micron particle from a batch of 100,000 vials. The FDA's previous stand, at least with our product, was that zero particles were acceptable. However we used PTFE on wearable surfaces that had a known and accepted wear rate where all of the material was going to go into the product. It was an irrational policy as everyone knew PTFE was going into the product but simply ignored the fact with insufficient sampling. I argued that measured wear rates were the critical measurements and not the sampling. A sampling hit should simply be a trigger to additional monitoring of wear rates and not a rejection of a batch.

A foreign particle of PTFE would eventually get trapped in the really small capillaries in the lungs which essentially act as a filter for blood, where the capillary will seal off the particulate matter. It would take millions of particles to have any measurable impact on lung function. However the simple act of inserting a needle into a blood vessel injects a plug of skin/hair and other matter that can block larger more important capillaries in the body.

My company had been trying to get around this policy for 20 years with an army of chemical and bio-engineers but it took the Industrial Controls Engineer to make the successful argument. Sometimes being good at logic is more important that knowing the science.
[/coolstorybro]
You're hired.

All babies fed humane teflon. Actually with that background we just inject it straight into the heart.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You're hired.

All babies fed humane teflon. Actually with that background we just inject it straight into the heart.
Need to figure out the right particle size to ensure it is captured in adipose tissue to ensure it is retained through the rendering process.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
literally laughing outloud at the ability to aim baby splatter at the teslas that drive by on their way to their air bnbs :rofl:

Reminds me of the Dead Baby Jokebook I got for my 7th birthday, because that was considered perfectly acceptable in 1981.

What is the best way to empty a truck load of babies?
Pitchfork.

What is pink and hangs in trees?
Baby run over with a snow blower.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Reminds me of the Dead Baby Jokebook I got for my 7th birthday, because that was considered perfectly acceptable in 1981.

What is the best way to empty a truck load of babies?
Pitchfork.

What is pink and hangs in trees?
Baby run over with a snow blower.
I always knew you were older than me :D

I remember dead baby jokes tho... Truly a cultural phenomenon of a certain generation

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I always knew you were older than me :D

I remember dead baby jokes tho... Truly a cultural phenomenon of a certain generation
2023 me finds the exclusionary nature of dead baby jokes to be offensive. Why can't I unload a truckful of live babies with a pitchfork?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i feel like this one would've been your current favorite, youngster
"What is red and hangs around trees?
A baby hit by a snow blower."
This is exactly what I am talking about. You just assume that people with snowblowers only have easy access to white babies. What, you are too good to have brown babies in your snow filled driveway? Probably an HOA thing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This is exactly what I am talking about. You just assume that people with snowblowers only have easy access to white babies. What, you are too good to have brown babies in your snow filled driveway? Probably an HOA thing.
brown babies would similarly be red when splattered on trees