Quantcast

Newb to area, Intro, limey Rider :)

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
OiOi...little introduction for you
I met few of you at the 'Earthed 4 Premier' and/or dossing around riding in Denver.

Name=Phil, Aka English, limey, phlith, Phlo
Ride= a lot of trials, a lot of street. Discovering freeride and downhill.
My rides= Zoo Pitbull Trials bike...and Transition bottle rocket, want to get another hard tail for park and DJ's.

From England born and bred, from the very northern end, Innerleithen was my local track...I lived on the east coast 1 whole mile away from Scotland. The English bearly new that we existed. I used to tear it up with the Edinburgh lads....ride some street with me and you see the influence and British styleeee. Used to take road trips to Fort Bill, for the world cup, excellent venue (weather permitting). Lived in Florida for the last 2 years...so excited to be somewhere where I can ride properly again!!

I currently live with my dad and his wife in Evergreen (broke college student you know) + my dad has some land, about 9 acres, which he is letting me do what ever I want with :) I started diggin yesterday,still a bit of snow around, one slope is almost completely clear.

Now my trail i want to create: I've been challenged..
This is one of my freinds farms about 5miles from my old house in England...Myself, Guss (the farm owners son) and Hammish started to build this place few years back. I personly build the first ever roll in, and put many hours into the start of the jumps,....anyhoo check it...its been featured in MBUK, and Guss has declared an international trails war, which I intend to win!!!
http://www.gnarnia.co.uk

I'm thinking slopestyle, freeride trail.
It will be some what of a private trail but, if help build you'll always get to ride...I'm really laid back and freindly so If you want to ride any time let me know. If any of you want to come check out the site and bounce some ideas around...it will make for an awesome trial.

Cheers, drink beers
Phil

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Did somebody say digging in dirt? Where do I sign up?
Welcome to Colorado. I'd love to ride with ya. And as for digging, just let me know where. And yes, drink beers.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Hey Phil how is it going good to see you were able to post here. It's me Jason you met me and some buddies downtown on Presidents day. We are planning to ride tomorrow if you can get free. We'll probably ride either downtown or in the DTC somewhere. If you want to get together let me know.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
Sorry no riding this weekend....having a few hyrodrolic brake issues.
I'll contact you next time I'm in town riding...or vise versa.

Think I may have the place to myself next weekend...so maybe do some digging/building...I'll post later in the week on this.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Riding tonight if you want to get together. Probably around DTC/Cherry Creek Area. Maybe downtown. Anyone wants to come let me know. Probably start around 3 or 4 pm. Bring the urban, trials, or squishy...what ever suits your needs. Plently of stuff to ride in that area.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
college mon-thurs...usually ride wed afternoon. At the moment I don't have a valid driving lisence...being from England I need special papers to renew it...an I'm waiting for you lovely goverment to catch up and send them too me...3months behind schedule they are.NICE.

So basically I get to college and the catch a lift home..Wed I get a change to bring he bike in. Still need to fix my brakes though.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Oh man that really sucks....leave it up to the govt. to screw ya. Well when you get up and running let me know. If you need a lift anywhere to ride let me know. Wednesday should be okay for me as of right now. I am not sure if I'll be working late or not being the end of the month...keeps us accoutants busy at that time. Talk to ya soon

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Yo, I'll be downtown tonight just like I always am, if you wanna ride you should head this way and we can meet up some place.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
You wanna meet at the civic center station at around 4 or so?? I'll have to check with my buddy he usually likes the DTC but I'm pretty sure I can convince him to ride downtown.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Just get kicked out everywhere downtown it seems lately. Last time we rode we got kicked out of every place we rode. Except around the civic center park and station

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
yeah, definately get kicked off of most places, but I know some choice spots that are so because nobody bothers you. Yeah, I'll meet you at 4. I have a class at 6:00 but if we ride that long I can definately be late. Civic Park or Station? I usually jump around on the ledges at the station across Colfax from the park. The bums in the park always have me worried that one of em is going to risk the rest of his life to get my bike from me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm not a local to you, but if you intend on building what you've shown off in the pics from your website (see below) I think you'll make a lot of new friends here.

cheers.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, seeing that picture fills me with the same feeling I used to have walking into Toys R Us as a toddler. MMM mud.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
I'm not a local to you, but if you intend on building what you've shown off in the pics from your website (see below) I think you'll make a lot of new friends here.

cheers.

Yep...that my boy Guss...old blinky bill.
Thats the challenge he has set.....I will win the build off!!