Quantcast

Newbie to the forum....'bout dang time

RichmondMike

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
Richmond, VA
What's up. I'm new. Just found/joined this forum. Amazing resource. Stoked.

I'm an old man. But I love to ride. I have an '04 Heckler and an '07 Reign 1. Selling the Heckler.

Here's my most recent, interesting, ride:

I'm an old man but I want to race downhill next year. Where do I start? I want a used DH rig. Something stupid-beefy.

One more question: Are there any dirt jumps in Richmond?

In exchange for your collective wisdom, I offer you all a monkey head. Or a beer sometime. :monkey:

THanks,
m

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
What's up. I'm new. Just found/joined this forum. Amazing resource. Stoked.

I'm an old man. But I love to ride. I have an '04 Heckler and an '07 Reign 1. Selling the Heckler.

Here's my most recent, interesting, ride:

I'm an old man but I want to race downhill next year. Where do I start? I want a used DH rig. Something stupid-beefy.

One more question: Are there any dirt jumps in Richmond?

In exchange for your collective wisdom, I offer you all a monkey head. Or a beer sometime. :monkey:

THanks,
m
Welcome to the forum!
:spam:See my ad in the Buy & Sell forums for a Giant Faith 2 that is race-ready if you're lookin for a good DH bike. :spam:

As for races, the kick off DH race for us VA and surrounding area monkeys is usually in at Massanutten, just outside Harrisonburg, which is in the early part of May.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
There are several old men here on the forum that ride DH and WELCOME! Most of us go to Snowshoe in May for the opening weekend and race series. there is also some DH at Wintergreen. Do you do TTF(stunts), i.e. skinnies,log drops,etc........ ther ares has some of that and there is some private place that have DJ's and stunts.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Welcome to the site. We will have to hook up for a ride. Here, ebay or mtbr.com in the classified section is a good place to start the serch for a DH bike. Dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions we all love to give our opinions.

Here is another site to check out. Mostly Richmonders post here.

http://cyclingcentralva.org/forums/index.php?act=idx

Dennis

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mike? MIKE? Is that you? Could it be?

I thought you fell off the edge of the earth Mang! Good to see you around! We'll have to hook up for a ride soon!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Welcome! Good to see some video around here!

looks like a fun place to ride!

RichmondMike

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
Richmond, VA
RIGHT ON

Well good, glad there is some activity here. And hmmm, now I have rides to choose from. But I only want to spend $12-1400 (old bike) so I'll check out the stuff and see who is close to that, but I can't buy until after the holidays anyway.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be around. Rode Northbank today and damn those trail wizards were working hard. I'm going to help on Belle Island on Saturday.

Cheers to all.